Recent content by peanutaxis

1. P

Fox 32 damper reinstall....spinning shaft

Mine ****ing doesn't. ****FOX are idiots. And other fork and I wouldn't have to service it for twice as long.
  2. P

Don't use soap to get your tires to sit right.

Maybe, but why risk it? After cleaning all the nipples I used CRC yesterday.
  3. P

Don't use soap to get your tires to sit right.

It's the age of very tight tires thanks to the tubeless revolution. I am not tubeless, and was told to use soap and then to over-inflate to get by ri-goddam-diculously tight Bontrager FR4's to seat properly. The other day on a ride I broke a spoke nipple. Went to the shop to get a...
  4. P

Fox V RockShox

How the hell did you find that? It doesn't exist on their website: http://www.sram.com/rockshox/component/rear-shocks
  5. P

Front wheel DHF vs. High Roller

For DH, either wheel. Just don't reverse it. I actually do all mountain, so they're useless to me on the rear as I need to pedal uphill in the damp.
  6. P

Front wheel DHF vs. High Roller

Since you don't have to accelerate with the front wheel, can anyone give me pointers as to the DHF's advantages over a high roller? thanks, [p
  7. P

Painting Chinese carbon?

Pain fake stanchions on them mate!
  8. P

There is no allen key size on this planet for.....

XX. Aren't you supposed to be a cross country racer to use those things? In which case you just throw them away after each race because they've collected mud and so are too heavy!
  9. P

I haven't quite tried every size on the planet but, yes, I've tried imperial to no avail. My old, second hand, Code 5's were so rounded out that I had to use a hacksaw and make them flat-screw! Mine are CR 2010 aswell. Torx sounds much more sensible. Part of what you pay for when you get codes...
  10. P

Avid Elixir brake pad retaining pins. I think they are supposed to be 2.5mm, but there's just so much slack it's BEGGING for trouble!
  11. P

Choosing your username... THINK before you do it.

Haha! Almost - downhiller's: only slightly above teenaged basketball fans on the shallow scale!
  12. P

Pinch flats vs. fiddly tubeless - isn't there a better way?

Same, but then I wasn't using grease! I was more thinking that if you're cornering and you hit a pointy rock and your tires are (obviously) too low or you're real heavy, the tire is a little skew because it's trying to peel off the rim towards the inside of the corner, and the centre of the...
  13. P

Yeah I was thinking I could do an experiment but I don't really want to damage my rims. I have no problems with pinch flats and I only run 20-22psi. Watched the video. I'm still skeptical though. If it works, why do these downhillers still get pinch flats? I can conceive that if you pinch...
  14. P

Hahah Yeah I've never tried either. Don't intend to. I wouldn't be surprised if both are old wives tales.