Recent content by shakes

1. shakes

Sold SOLD

Item: 2013 Cannondale caad10 - 105 - 52cm Location: Reservour 3072 Item Condition: Very good, see description below for the faults. Reason for selling: Moving to an apartment - no space! Price and price conditions: $700 Extra Info: Near new Schwable Durano 25mm. Last couple of rides it's got...
  2. shakes

McFlow trails and the decreasing diversity of trails

When did mtber's become such whingers? I love flow trails, especially the ones that the harder you push, the more sneaky lines open up to you, and the more you get out of it. The ones that it doesnt matter how fast you pedal you wont go any quicker unless your rolling and pumping and using all...
  3. shakes

Bike shop etiquette - staying to observe the job

With you watching the job will take longer. You'll be chatting, distracting etc. And then on top of getting interupted by customers or phones or on the spot punctures/repairs which can often offend when you have to drop what your doing to help. Most shops know how long certain jobs take and...
  4. shakes

Next Level Fitness - How to get there?

Like you wouldn't believe. Takes away alot of the knots and tightness that you get as well, not quite a massage but similar feeling afterwards. I quite enjoy the meditation/relaxation side of it too.
  5. shakes

Next Level Fitness - How to get there?

You have to much time on your hands. As a fairly hands on parent. I'm either up at 4am to get a couple of hours on the roadie in before work. I have saturday mornings booked in to go riding/climbing/something but thats usually a social thing. One night is yoga and one night is gym/bouldering...
  6. shakes

Dremel - better cutting discs?

Curious as to what you are doing as well. The little rotory tools are usually a high revolution and LOW pressure, ie take you time and don't lean on it and you wont have an issue.
  7. shakes

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Yarra - no option. Keep us posted.
  8. shakes

Food/Diet Are fitness wristbands worthwhile? And other weightloss tips

myfitnesspal app on your phone is handy to track what your intake is - not the be all and end all but handy. Routine and preparation are key. good luck.
  9. shakes

NSW I'm gunna be in you

I'm road tripping back from sydney to melbourne at the start of november along the cost. debating wether to take the bike or not? Any must see stops or trails along the way, opportunity's to hire a bike? etc etc Basically trying to decide if taking mine is worth the headache of space in...
  10. shakes

Why do roadies hug the painted shoulder line?

I'm having this argument at work at the moment, I think I've got em on these two. That $20 saving x 4 day commute = $80pw x 45weeks = $3600 (45 weeks for leave/sick/etc) Surely that covers my rego and a couple others? If I do get forced to pay rego... and there is no solid 'bike lane' as...
  11. shakes

Yarra Trails regulars

Have done that ride a couple of times. Flu wipes me out. Is awesome, pack dry spare gloves for the descent!
  12. shakes

Sold

SOLD - thank you for an easy transaction!
  13. shakes

SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

To the haters - why can't he do it just cause? It would only work if the inner 'tire', squeezed the outer tire against the rim. It will be a huge amount of trial and error to find the right tire/s and rim combo to make this work properly. then you have the issue of pumping your main tire
  14. shakes

Munda Biddi Track in 9 Days - Done.

no he needs bikebagdude kit. http://www.bikebagdude.com/
  15. shakes

Chain reaction cycles

7 days - got a post office note today. I ordered on the evening of the 16th. Quicker than an LBS and half the items were cheaper than local wholesale AND in stock.