Recent content by user name

1. user name

Dickheads.

Yes I chose my user name. no I don't have to type it in as the field is always auto-filed for me:biggrin1: "random musings" I may be wrong but I thought my link was directly related to the topic? Perhaps you could give us some more ideas (random musings) of alternate uses for these tampons...
  2. user name

Dickheads.

The boys in Perth are already onto this problem: http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/02/12/kickstarter-the-fly6-tail-light-and-hd-hit-run-recorder/ I would surgest a handful of 30mm chipboard screws on the driveway/dirt patch outside there place is the safest option, Just make sure you pay cash...
  3. user name

I need to make my neighbors be quiet

This: If you have a mate who's in the building or roofing game see if you can borrow one of these: http://www.gasweld.com.au/4131-makita.html Its the loudest screeching handheld tool ive ever heard, it even catches the steel shavings in the cover so you can put them on their lawn/dirt patch.
  4. user name

Is there an Aussie Klunker/Clunker bike??

Hi Guys, There was a BMORC bash this year too, complete with all the usual antics etc... http://bmorc.com/node/40349/gallery My Clunker is the Centurion All Purpose Bike.
  5. user name

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I have the same Cell rack. It comfortably fits 3 bike of any type, 4 at a push or with careful arranging. I think the best features are the easy towball mount only requires a 10mm Allen key and the arms are quick release meaning it folds flat for storage.
  6. user name

Old GT Talera into a commuter

I have a geared mongoose switchback commuter, running slicks (maxxis detonators 1.5") and it all works awesome! Re 700c wheels i believe you require a brake adapter of sorts to space your brakes further out, from my breif research into the topic i think Mavic used to make one. 700c will fit...
  7. user name

Road parts - Shifters, bars etc.

Iam interested, would i be possible to grab a quick photo so i can see the condition of the gear?
  8. user name

Suggestions for single speed conversion (using retro steel frame)

Depending on the bike you end up with and which parts you decide to fit, tools will need to be factored into the costs. Different bottom brackets use different removal/installation tool etc etc, a full bike tool kit can usually be bought pretty cheap online and they tend to cover you for most...
  9. user name

Road parts - Shifters, bars etc.

Hi, I recently picked up a Cannondale CAD3 for cheap, but its got aero bars which are terrible (for me anyway). What im chasing is any combo of the following: Road drops 26mm clamp, 2X8 STI shifters/brake levers, brake levers only, possibly even 2x8 downtube shifters. Willing to...
  10. user name

Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

I work in the tool industry. Personally i dont think you can go past this drill for the money: http://www.gasweld.com.au/b16rm-hitachi.html?___SID=U Same motor size as the hafco plus laser alignment (it actually works) and a built in work light. Worrth the extra coin IMHO.
  11. user name

Phone upgrade. Vodafone - 19 Months in

My experience with 3/Vodafone: I had a dodgy nokia for a while and claimed warranty on its faults, came back fixed. A month later the same faults arose claimed warranty again and had it 'fixed' again... month later same issue, so thats 3 claims now and despite my whining Vodafone still wont...
  12. user name

What is a faster upgrade from a Schwable furious fred for a commuter

I have the 1.5" Maxxis Detonators on my MTB hack and they work great. More of a road tyre than the mentioned overdrives but they seem to have exellent grip everywhere, even on hard pack. Minimal punctures when used with quality tubes and very fast.
  13. user name

mt riverview (nichols pde) fire trail

Up until 6mths ago i was living in Bunbinla Ave and had been for 2 years, i did a fair bit of exploring of the local area. I wouldnt really surgest that the route youve mentioned really exists too well these days. You may find it possible to bush bash your way down, but most tracks have been...
  14. user name

stay safe and stop on the red

Any Cyclist running reds pisses me off big time! I too seem to see more roadies doing it than other types of cyclists. Outside the LBS one day i yelled at a fella (on a roadie) for doing it and he seemed shocked and confused as to what i was talking about... Perhaps they think their...
  15. user name

Hancoch store bike shop online, fraud or not?

But the banner on the left on the page clearly states 100% satisfaction guarantee!!