Search results

1. R

How many pushy's ya got?

1 x Cannondale Gemini 1000 1 x KHS Solo One 29er 1 x Cannondale Jekyll 26er ( brand spanking new as of last weekend) 1 x Giant Anthem x1 29er
  2. R

"Lost that lovin feelin" - Passion for riding

There's a bit of merit in changing bikes, I'd been riding either of my 29er's for the last year or so, great bikes, fun to ride etc, but just wasn't gettinga buzz out of riding, pulled the Reign out of retirement, gave it a tidy up and a service, now back having loads of fun...could be something...
  3. R

Ride In Workshop

thing is, i had told them to get a new headset if they could'nt fix the existing one, they told me they could no longer get one, and were unable to fix the bike. i could have ordered one myself from CRC....they have them readily available, how can them not fixing a bike in their bike fixing...
  4. R

Ride In Workshop

Just a plug here, I took my old Cannondale Gemini to a large well known bike shop in North Manly with a wobbly headset, and a need for a desperate tune up after not being ridden for a couple of years, so after almost a week, they called me to say it was non fixable and they could no longer...
  5. R

Hardtail 29er Frame, prefer SS

Got a medium GT Peace 9er frame going for that, include a rigid fork, hardly ever ridden, may as well be described as brand new..pm me if interested, it's in Sydney but no trouble to get to you, Ray
  6. R

Singlespeed - 26 or 29er?

I have a SS 29er, love it, goes well, personal choice though so can't offer much to you, it does ride well for single gear though.. Ray
  7. R

trail shorts

NZO Dobbies....vv good
  8. R

What happens to old DH/FR bikes?

I have a 03 Cannondale Gemini 1000, love it to bits, but will no doubt never ride it in anger again, i have 'restored' it from a falling apart mess to a bike that can now head out and ride perfectly, new forks and rear shock, brakes etc...can't think of what it would'nt be worth, could never...
  9. R

NSW WTB: Bearing Linkage Kit for an 09 Giant Reign

Email this guy: kaesae@blueyonder.co.uk in the UK but pretty sure about the only guys who does it, does a full kit, pretty sure if you look on ebay here he's selling them on there, Ray
  10. R

Glory 8 or Reign (2007)

I'd go the Reign...they cop a huge amount of abuse....well mine does, never let me down, i have the 08 model Reign 0 at the moment my view is my business partner's desk..., later it will be Manly Beach.
  11. R

Is it too hard to say "hello"

I'm with refreshinglygood....i'm if goin up....you give way to me...just like in a car, much harder to restart going up than comming down. when was that never the rule anyway??? Ray
  12. R

Post your 29er!

My latest 29er toy, I had a Niner air9 that i built up last year, Really nice bike, but decided hardtails really aren't for me, so got a Anthem 29er as well, meaning the Niner has been sat around gathering dust, so rather than flog the backside off the Anthem, i Bought a Voodoo Canzo 29er...
  13. R

Is the 29er worth it???

Snap....i now have a SS 29er, hardtail niner Air 9, and an Anthem 29er...love'em but i'm still hanging on to my 26ers for added fun factor
  14. R

Thoughts on adjustable/telescopic seat posts

I have a Joplin remote one on my Niner, it works very well, just keep forgetting i have it! plus the cable is an issue as the bike has no allowance for it, maybe the bottom of the post near the collar needs a cable guide built in as zip tie is really the only option. i also have a remote...
  15. R

Post your 29er!

Dam you for making me really want one!!...and damn me for being in Sydney!.... i can't have another bike...already got three 29er's...and two 26er's. i really really don't need another bike. my wife will leave me. .......keep me posted ( n+1 etc etc ) Ray.
  16. R

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Well, the upshot is..a new set of Crossmarks from Maxxis, the rep says they've never seen that happen before, so have taken them off for 'testing'...anyway, well done to Maxxis for replacing them. I did see the guy i bought the bikes off when i went in, it was him who was asking what i'd...
  17. R

Post your 29er!

very nice bike...starting to like Lenz a lot. what's the Milk Money worth if anyone knows? cheers, Ray
  18. R

Survey finished.

Done, good luck with it..would be great to have someting like this, Ray
  19. R

Tyre confusion: Larsen TT vs Crossmark

I've always been a big fan of Larsens, but am now switching the fleet slowly to Kenda Small blocks....they seem really good, last a long time, roll quickly, don't like mud so much tho..a good all rounder. As for Crossmarks, having a bad experience with them on my 29er at the moment, they wore...
  20. R

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

They are standard tyres, with 40psi in them, went to a large bike shop on the Northern Beaches last night ( where i bought 2 x anthems three months ago ), got very helpful advice in their maintenance area, directed into a guy in the shop who was as helpful as a third armpit...." we'll ask the...