Search results

1. GTBoy

2008 Tance X1 vs modern enduro bikes climbing?

After about 7 years not touching a bike I had a ride over Easter up at Mansfield and am hooked again, I can’t work out how I’ve gone this long without riding. I’ve still got my 2008 Tance X1 but as would be expected after that long without any love it’s got a few issues, mainly the piston seals...
  2. GTBoy

Places to ride with dog SE of Melbourne

Does anyone know of anywhere you can ride with a dog south east of Melbourne. I took my whippet up to my parents (Merrijig near Mt Buller) a couple of weeks ago and took him for a ride in the bush. He loved it, and I'm now hoping there is somewhere to take him nearer where I live (Cranbourne). I...
  3. GTBoy

Why do they use torx screws on disc brakes.

Just wondering why torx screws are used on disc brakes rotors. I had to replace one today and it took me ages to find the my torx keys, why not just use a hex instead?
  4. GTBoy

Is it possible to change your username?

Just wondering if it is possible to change your username, or is the only to create a new account with a different name? Cheers
  5. GTBoy

Fox Float RP2 vs R

Hi All, Just wondering what the differences are between the RP2 and the R are. I have seen some things that say the RP2 has lockout, where others say it had adjustable ProPedal. Are they talking about the same thing? Assuming that they are, how much better less pedal bob would you with the RP2...
  6. GTBoy

2003 Boxxer compatible stanchion and seals

Item: 2003 compatible stanchion and seals Location: Melbourne, will pay for postage. Item Condition: Need a 2003 Boxxer (Team) compatible stanchion (right side, don't think it makes a difference though). Also need a new set of seals for them. If you have an set of 03 Boxxers that are stuffed...
  7. GTBoy

How tough is a Giant Anthem X

Hi all, I'm looking at getting a new bike at the moment, and not sure what to get. I really want something for trail riding, which isn't too hard going up hills, but which i don't have to worry about braking going downhill. From what i can see the Trance X2 would suit me best, but it is a bit...
  8. GTBoy

Looking for a new bike around $1500-2000

Hi All, It’s been a fair while since I have been on the forum. I used to ride a lot, and spent all my time and money on it (mainly downhill riding). Then went overseas for a couple of years, and my interests changed and haven’t ridden for about 4 years. I still have my 03 GT DHi at home, but I...
  9. GTBoy

How often should you service an i-drive

just wondering how often i should be serviceing the i-drive on my DHi.
  10. GTBoy

03 Boxxer Stanchions. Left vs Right

I'm just wondering weather the left and right stanchions on 03 Boxxer teams are the same. Thanks Harry
  11. GTBoy

Postage from the USA to OZ

i just wondering if anyone knows how much it costs to get forks sent from the us to oz. cheers
  12. GTBoy

Fox 40's

Just wondering if anyone has had a ride on the 40's either the r or rc. Also does anyone know how much they will be. They r a sweet looking fork IOM.
  13. GTBoy

Anyone got going to Healesville

Hoping to go to the race at Healesville on the 20-21st. I am wondering if anyone could give me a lift. I live in the city, but will travel if needed. Thanks Very Much
  14. GTBoy

Scratch on Boxxer stanchion

I have a nasty scratch on my boxxer stanchion, just above the seal, hence the seal is leaking. I am have been told that you can use nail polish to fill the scratch, has anyone tried this, and if so does it work, and how do you do it. And does anyone have a ball park figure for a new stanchion...
  15. GTBoy

GT DHi

I got my GT Dhi for $4400 last year, if u look around u can normally get a good deal.
  16. GTBoy

Boxxer Stanchion

I have put a nice big stratch on one of my stanchions, on my 03 boxxer teams, and if anyone have a set of boxxers that have something else wrong with them, or for some reason have a spare stanchions lying around give me a pm.
  17. GTBoy

Buller this weekend (3rd-4th)

Just wondering if anyone is going to be going up to Buller, and if so has anyone got room for one more. I live in Merrijig, the village at the bottome of the mountain.[/list]
  18. GTBoy

Which rim? Mag 30, Dice or Phyco.

I have just managed to reck my front and rear rims rideing up at Buller, and i need some tough new rims. I work in a bike shop and the only 3 decent rims we can get are the Mag 30s the Dice TwoSix or Velocity Phyco's. I really don't want to spend that much so i would like to get the twosix or...
  19. GTBoy

What Rim To Get (DH)

I need to get a new rim for my DH rig, after i wrecked one at Mt. Beauty on the weekend. I am thinking of either getting a Sun Intense mag 30, or a Velocity Physco, or a Disc 26. I know the D321 is a great rim and i love them, but the shop i work at can't get them :cry: . I am normally pretty...
  20. GTBoy

How do you get your bike/s around

I am having trouble working out how to get me bike to and from races. I have a ute, which works great, but i lie the bike on its side, and there is shit all room for other gear, or others bikes. If you have pics of how you transport your bike please post them.