Search results

1. Chalkie

3 Day Full Body Routine - Advice Wanted

Looking for some input and advice from those knowledgeable around here in regards to putting together a 3 day full body workout. Have done madcows 5x5 in the past which I had some great gains from but I found it pretty monotonous and I just ended up with enormous thighs and not much else. My...
  2. Chalkie

Where to look for rental workshop space in Sydney?

As the title suggests I'm looking for a workshop / garage space to build furniture, amongst other things in Sydney but have no idea where to look. Suggestions of websites / people to talk to / any other useful information would be great. My requirements are: Powered around 20m2 or more...
  3. Chalkie

Anyone worked, skied or lived in Breckenridge, CO?

After doing a season in Lake Tahoe, California at Northstar Ski resort last year I'm itching to get back to the states for more of the white stuff. I've got about 3 weeks to go and am interested in going to Breckenridge, Colorado. Does anyone have any insight as to what the town is like and...
  4. Chalkie

Car crash with no witsness's - was I at fault? - Update: It definitely wasn't

Driving home from work today I was driving in the middle lane of a 3 lane road. Put my indicator on to change into the left lane and as I was merging, a car pulled out of a side street (turning into the closest lane going the same direction as me). I saw her and swerved back into my lane but not...
  5. Chalkie

Help identifying this frame (lugged steel roadie)

So I made a split second ebay purchase and picked up a old steel road frame for a reasonable price. The fact it has "competition" slapped across the side makes me think its pretty average but would like to find out a bit more about the frame. In addition, are there any methods to find out what...
  6. Chalkie

Snowboarding enthusists, check this out

I'm working on the design and development of a new snowboarding binding system and am looking for some feedback. The survey is pretty simple and will only take a few minutes, but will require some knowledge of the sport. http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/287227/Snowboard-Binding-Q-s Any...
  7. Chalkie

SOLD - STP Frame - Raw - Le Cheap, only $149 ONO!!!!

Item: 2006 STP0 Frame. 14.5" Size. Has been stripped down raw. Can be left raw but equally perfect for painting or polishing. Location: Adelaide, WILL POST Item Condition: Good condition. Few small chips and scratches. Few areas that still have a couple of flecks of paint on it - but overall...
  8. Chalkie

Electronic gurus - regarding tilt sensors?

I'm currently working on a uni assignment and am designing a Blender type product. The design is a hand held unit and requires the motor to turn on ONLY once the product it is inverted. Here's a simple example with a water bottle to demonstrate. The motor would be in the highlighted regions...
  9. Chalkie

Mozilla - we used to be friends...

I've had it with firefox! The bloody thing will freeze on me about 3 or 4 times an hour - normally when I have my gmail account open. Seemed to start happening after the second latest update a few months. And mostly when I'm opening a hyperlink from an email in my gmail account. I'm running the...
  10. Chalkie

Travel Advice, posting a snowboard from an Airport?

So, I've got a return flight to Los Angeles to do a ski season in Lake Tahoe, California at the end of the year. From LA I'm getting a separate domestic return from Los Angeles to Atlanta where I'm visiting a mate before I start work. Now - it's no charge to get my Snowboard to LA, BUT if I...
  11. Chalkie

Anyone read chinese? Tattoo translation needed, hilarity may ensue...

So I'm trying to find out what this tat means... Its a friends and I'm trying to find out if it means what they think it does. Any help?
  12. Chalkie

US working ski holiday - being under 21?

I'm in the process of applying for a 3 month working holiday in California over our summer. My only concern is how being under 21 (will be 20 when I'm over there) will affect me over there. Its not the fact that I wont be able to drink, more that I won't be able to get into pubs and what not to...
  13. Chalkie

Computer Problem - Not enough Memory (RAM)

Within the last few weeks I've been working with some massive (and I mean MASSIVE) files in Photoshop. Whilst exporting I got a message saying not enough ram, which wasn't overly surprising seeing the file size. Ever size this happened my computer has been showing the same error (not enough...
  14. Chalkie

Creating composited 3D Video Titles?

Looking for some help on creating titles in a similar style to the intro to Stranger than Fiction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLPUmYiVgbw No idea where to start or what software I'll need. I have final cut pro, and 3D studio max, plus adobe creative suite - assuming i'll need something...
  15. Chalkie

Car Ignition Problems (92 Subaru Liberty)?

First up, I don't know much about cars but am sick of handing over money to mechanics for stuff that I could probably learn to do myself. Looking for any help, or redirection to another forum that will be able to help. Anyway, recently my car has been reluctant to start. It seems somehow...
  16. Chalkie

Tipping Point - the point of no return for the world's climate system

Interesting video. From this site http://wakeupfreakout.org/wakeup.html Comments?
  17. Chalkie

Thailand/South East Asia. What to do, what not to do?

Me and a mate are heading to South East Asia on the 30th of December for 2 months. We land in Malaysia, KL, and have booked a hostel for 3 nights as we understand we won't be able to travel over the new year holidays. But that's as far as we've got. We've got a lot of time so are keen to check...
  18. Chalkie

Power Supply (12V-5V?) for powering a CD-Rom Drive on it's own?

For a project I'm working on I'm converting an old CD-Rom drive into a little CD-Player. Its pretty simple to do but I'm having issues finding an appropriate power supply. Although I can use a standard Power Supply from a computer, the thing is bloody massive and pretty excessive for what I...
  19. Chalkie

Sold

Location Adelaide, Australia Postage Conditions Pickup or will ship anywhere in Australia. PM me your postcode for postage pricing. Click images to enlarge 2006 NS Suburban Frame inc FSA Headset & Seat Clamp Item Condition Excellent Condition - near new condition. Very few...
  20. Chalkie

Got any Meccano (or similar + gears pulleys etc) you don't want?

I used to have tons of the stuff as a kid but over the years its got lost or given away. For my uni course (Industrial Design) I find that I'm often needing the stuff to test levers, gearing system etc. So basically if you have some of the stuff lying around that will probably end up in the bin...