Search results

1. Flip666

Bike inn, any good?

Hey guys, looking at buying a tld helmet from bike inn online. Anyone used them, and are delivery times accurate etc? Thanks in advance Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
  2. Flip666

New full face time!

Hey guys[emoji112] recently had a pretty big stack, off a blind rd gap with punters at the base of down ramp. Otb on my face destroying a proframe and airbrake goggles in the process. Anywho, now I'm after a new lid. Thinking more heavy duty this time and neck brace(better late than...
  3. Flip666

Magic Mary DH evo... Can run tubeless?

Was going to grab some Magic Mary tyres in dh evo casing apparently 2.5 and ultra soft addix. Can these be run tubeless effectively? Without having the tubeless logo? Also anyone ridden these vs the old 2.35 super gravity non addix version? Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
  4. Flip666

Giant reign advanced pro 1 29 headstem size

Hey guys was just about to buy a another stem and was informed that maybe it might be an od2 steerer? I can't find out much from my googling except on vital mtb it says its 1.5 - 1.125 which is 1⅛ but I don't know if their info is correct. I'm crook at home at the moment and don't have verniers...
  5. Flip666

Tyre upgrades, inserts or no inserts?

So been riding on the stock dhf dhr exo+ combo on a new reign advanced 29. Not real happy with pressures needed not to puncture and stop tyres squirming. So thinking either dd or sg casings with inserts or dh casing no inserts, any recommendations on people who have tried both? Also I'd like a...
  6. Flip666

Project Posting bikes interstate

Hey everyone! Wondering how to go about selling a bike from Bayswater Vic, to Newcastle NSW How to pack it? Who to use? And how much it roughly costs? Thanks in advance Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
  7. Flip666

New bike recommendations

Currently riding a banshee spitfire, 27.5 140/160 travel, like how it jumps and rides most things well, feels a bit small and twitchy on super steep rough stuff. And my other bike is a Nukeproof Scout 27.5 150mm travel, rides really well on the super steep stuff for a hardtail, doesn't jump...
  8. Flip666

Knee/ Shin guards any for sale or recommendations

After the 2nd time in 12 months of ripping open the same spot on my shin. I think it's time I invested in some shin pads. I currently wear the ixs knee pads, so could just get shin pads or was thinking of something like the leatt 3df or fox launch pro knee/shin pad combo.. Anyone selling...
  9. Flip666

Making 142mm hub 135mm

Need to shave down some end caps from 142 mm to 135mm I'd it just a case of taking 3.5mm of each end? It looks like that would work.... Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
  10. Flip666

Easton haven hubs should I buy

Hey crew, looking at buying a rear 26" wheel to make my Dartmoor hornet a frankenbike with a 27.5 front. I have been offered a set of these Easton havocs, the owner has said he thinks the hubs aren't very good longevity wise. Does anyone have experience with these and possibly overcoming these...
  11. Flip666

SOLD

Item: -26 inch wheelset 15x100, 135x10 to suit enduro hardtail, may be interested in rear only also -chromag 780mm bars -Dmr vault pedals Location: Frankston Vic Price range/Willing to Pay: negotiable Extra Info: Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
  12. Flip666

Fork upgrade for banshee spitfire with pikes?

Thinking of upgrading forks on the spitty, currently running pike RC dual position 160mm. Bike gets ridden pretty hard so have pressures high for bigger impacts but is pretty bumpy on the small stuff. Do I put a coil upgrade in them or buy a lyric or fox 36? I'd like to not spend a fortune if...
  13. Flip666

Reliable powerful brake upgrade?

Hey legends Looking to upgrade my old saint m810s, thoughts on what to upgrade to? Looking for good power and reliability and at a decent price if possible. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  14. Flip666

Cane creek bushes

Hey lads, was just about to order some bushes for the cane creek db air cs, and came across different types of bushes and bearing replacements. What is the go for longevity/performance/price? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  15. Flip666

Bearing press for linkages on Banshee

Anyone got any nifty ways or can suggest a good tool for the job? Cheers Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  16. Flip666

Hadley hubs conversion to 15x100

A set of wheels I'm interested in has a 110 X 20 Hadley and I need 15 X 100. Anyone have the conversion kit for these or know where to buy local? I can only find then in the us.. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  17. Flip666

What bike to buy for enduro/freeride type stuff?

Thinking of maybe moving on from the banshee spitfire to something a bit burlier. Won't be racing, maybe the occasional enduro or shirt travel dh. Mainly for hitting decent drops jumps and rough stuff, pedalling back to the top but no rush. Any recommendations? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  18. Flip666

Banshee Spitfire broken rear triangle

Hey guys just prepping my bike this Eve for a ride tomorrow and found the frame broken near linkage on rear triangle. I looked up to contact Defcon and have seen they are no more.. Any ideas what I can do? It's a 2016 Banshee Spitfire. Cheers Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  19. Flip666

How to change slx m7000 brake lines over

Had a groupset arrive from Merlin today for a hardtail build. And the brakes are arse about, I've undone the nut from the lever but the hose doesn't want to come out ? Anyone know how they come out? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  20. Flip666

Setup spank spoon 32 non tubeless rim as tubeless

Hey guys, I've got a set of spank spoon 32 wheels that are non tubeless. They have orange tubeless tape(I think) on them and I've wrapped a layer of gorilla tape on over the top. Id like to setup tubeless if it's safe to with tubeless tires and sealant. Is there any reason I shouldn't...