Bargain buys thread

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Bike components are selling off some OEM Fox forks and shocks - 32s and 34s (Rhythm and Performance with Grip damper) amongst others, new bike take offs by the looks of it. About $400 delivered for a 34 Performance, or $300 for the Rhythm.

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Special-Offers/fox-suspension-sale/

Edit: Just noting that if you bought the Float 34 Performance for about $400, then added $319 for a FIT4 damper upgrade from Cyclinic, you'd essentially have a Factory fork (sans Kashima coating) for about $720. That said, the Grip damper in the Performance fork hasn't reviewed too badly either.

Last edited:

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bike components are selling off some OEM Fox forks and shocks - 32s and 34s (Rhythm and Performance with Grip damper) amongst others, new bike take offs by the looks of it. About $400 delivered for a 34 Performance, or $300 for the Rhythm.

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Special-Offers/fox-suspension-sale/

Edit: Just noting that if you bought the Float 34 Performance for about $400, then added $319 for a FIT4 damper upgrade from Cyclinic, you'd essentially have a Factory fork (sans Kashima coating) for about $720. That said, the Grip damper in the Performance fork hasn't reviewed too badly either.
Float 34 performance has a Fit 4 damper already I believe. It just doesn't have trail adjust (which is a wank imo) or Kashima coating.

Edit: sorry, it has a grip damper... my bad. The 2016 performance models had the Fit 4 damper so it appears they have replaced it with an inferior Grip damper in later offerings!

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Float 34 performance has a Fit 4 damper already I believe. It just doesn't have trail adjust (which is a wank imo) or Kashima coating.

Edit: sorry, it has a grip damper... my bad. The 2016 performance models had the Fit 4 damper so it appears they have replaced it with an inferior Grip damper in later offerings!
Yeah it's the Performance Elite fork that has the FIT4 damper and no Kashima coat. Still, a Performance series 34 for less than $400 delivered was hard to pass up! I'll ride it with the Grip damper to start with, and if it isn't much chop, swap out for the FIT4. It's intended for a hardtail build, so the Grip damper might be adequate for general trail / skills duty.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah it's the Performance Elite fork that has the FIT4 damper and no Kashima coat. Still, a Performance series 34 for less than $400 delivered was hard to pass up! I'll ride it with the Grip damper to start with, and if it isn't much chop, swap out for the FIT4. It's intended for a hardtail build, so the Grip damper might be adequate for general trail / skills duty.
The grip damper has to be a huge step up from the o/c dampers the float evolution forks had a few years back. A wonderful piece of engineering! Nothing like having a damper self destruct if you forget to switch out of climb mode!

Minlak

custom titis
Seems like a good deal if you are in Brisbane and can take advantage of the free fitting. Especially as you get warranty with these bought in Aus instead of OS.

gx group.JPG

Scotty675

Cable thief
Jenson USA have some killer deals on fox forks at the moment. If you don’t no anyone in the USA to ship to then a site like Shipito is you best friend. Worth a look if you are after a new fork.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
yeah nice discounts there. Pity nothing in 120mm 29er. Need to replace the fork on my hardtail soon

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
light and me don't go together well. ;) the current fox 32 has always been a bit noodly for me, but it might also be due o the 9mm QR....