You Yangs MTB Park

zstreetco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate you were inquiring about the next ride day, it should be towards the end of this month, we got about 2 more days of work to finish a section off then we should be able to have a ride day i will post it under Victoria in the watering hole with all the info....
sweet as, sounds good. Post it asap so i can get it off work if possible haha would love a shuttle'd sesh cause lets face it......no downhiller likes to walk uphills haha

alister

Likes Dirt
Re: Red Epic.
I did see a bloke up at the yangs on one of these. Last Saturday. He had all the gear that goes along with such a bike so the situation didn't invoke suspicion on my part. Now that I see your post I wish I'd taken a closer look, but yeah I can confirm there was an Epic up there.
Ahh cheers mate! well at least i know where it might be. If it's an epic with shitty Dart 2/3 forks then thats it. Just need someone to recognise it up there and approach the rider. They're probably just the unlucky buyer of dodgey goods.

Again $100 reward to whoever directly contributes to the recovery of the bike.
Thanks again farkiners.

dl79

Likes Dirt
Hats off to the boys doing the track work up at the youies. Had my first ride on the race track after the new sections were finished and have to say they are great fun. Thanks for your hard work out there guys.

Howie66

Likes Dirt
Hey for those who havent read my post in the DH section.. Does anybody know roughly how much longer the track is in seconds.. compared with that of the April races?

If you raced in April, and timed yourself since the upgrade, let me know the difference please. Ive just started riding BoG and i dont know where or what div to start in when i do race.. So im going to time myself, then add however many seconds roughly, then il look at the old results and it will give me a rough idea..

Cheers

PS: Track is awesome! Well Done!

Last edited:

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Hey for those who havent read my post in the DH section.. Does anybody know roughly how much longer the track is in seconds.. compared with that of the April races?

If you raced in April, and timed yourself since the upgrade, let me know the difference please. Ive just started riding BoG and i dont know where or what div to start in when i do race.. So im going to time myself, then add however many seconds roughly, then il look at the old results and it will give me a rough idea..

Cheers

PS: Track is awesome! Well Done!
Hey mate the track has not officially been timed yet but it should be a 2.40 track once it has all been finished at that should be a quick time.

Howie66

Likes Dirt
Hey mate the track has not officially been timed yet but it should be a 2.40 track once it has all been finished at that should be a quick time.

Yeah i thought about 40-50 seconds more now..

I found this video on youtube.. And he does 2.44s in it

Now if you watch it, he is a pretty good rider this fella, and 2.44 was the time won in April in the novice division!!

So maybe another 50-60seconds in the lower categorys such as novice and sport?? Would that seem about right? And 35-40 seconds for the higher categorys?

Im fairly new.. So should I just add about 50 seconds to my time and that will give me a rough idea??

Cheers

Howie

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Yeah i thought about 40-50 seconds more now..

I found this video on youtube.. And he does 2.44s in it

Now if you watch it, he is a pretty good rider this fella, and 2.44 was the time won in April in the novice division!!

So maybe another 50-60seconds in the lower categorys such as novice and sport?? Would that seem about right? And 35-40 seconds for the higher categorys?

Im fairly new.. So should I just add about 50 seconds to my time and that will give me a rough idea??

Cheers

Howie
Well we still have about 500m more track to build further down from where that video finishes so it could be closer to 3-3.10 track now

Howie66

Likes Dirt
Well we still have about 500m more track to build further down from where that video finishes so it could be closer to 3-3.10 track now

Oh ok.. didnt know that..

I can see where you all have been busy.. so its going to be a long stretch to the finish line is it??

Or more stuff?

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
Oh ok.. didnt know that..

I can see where you all have been busy.. so its going to be a long stretch to the finish line is it??

Or more stuff?
We got heaps more yet mostly big pump jumps towards the end i just hope it works ok, it should but if not we'll try something else.

Brown Dog

Likes Dirt
New shit at the You Yangs

Hey guys just some of the new stuff we built on the weekend was also good to have Ben Davies there to show us how its done. The new burm you see is at the top of the track, we took out the crapy hair pin where you loose all your speed its way better now as you dont have to break. The step down and the doubles are down the bottom, hope you like.

Attachments

Last edited: