Recent content by Cap

1. C

Convict 100 entry for sale

I can not attend this event. I have an elite entry (although you can transfer to any category) that cost $140. Asking for $140 and there is a $20 transfer fee payable direct to the event promotors.
  2. C

troubles with my XX brakes

That's pretty close to the mark.
  3. C

FINALLY THE 29er 'FAD' IS OVER FOR ANOTHER 5 YEARS !!!! HOORAY

My wife did some timed lap comparisons yesterday (12km hard loop with a big steep climb) on her current model 26" S-Works Stumpy hardtail & her current model S-Works Epic 29er. While she thought she was faster on the 29er, she was marginally quicker on the 26". That being said, she felt really...
  4. C

People I would fight...

In response to the original question Stephen Hawking. I don't like his tone.
  5. C

First MTB Purchase. 26er or 29er?

No, it's not.
  6. C

First MTB Purchase. 26er or 29er?

Learning to ride mtb? 26" hardtail all the way. Once he develops, try different bikes and buy whatever the hell he wants.
  7. C

Highland Fling 2011

Could not agree more. I have spoken to others with the same opinion.
  8. C

HMBA XC Round 10 - Dungog 3 hour

Opinion of the track? On the 1st half of the loop I was thinking to myself...this sucks, alot of hard pedalling for no reward, though I did like the rocky traverse and the banked grass switch backs (A&B). 2nd half of the track made realise that I had passed judgement too soon... Hell yeah...
  9. C

troubles with my XX brakes

Got 3 sets of XX brakes including 2 WC. Nothing but dramas. Atleast 5 warranties in 2 years. Other Avid models I have owned including Elixr & Juicy have been fine. Next set of brakes will not be XX.
  10. C

Awaba Racing Pics - Mothers Day

Good Job Good photos. Thanks to all the volunteers on Mothers Day.
  11. C

Big Wheels blowing out corners?

I know somebody who said the 1st time they rode a 29er they were washing the front wheel out alot compared to their 26inch rig. I've never ridden one but maybe it has some relevance.
  12. C

Rick Boyer – Champion of NSW

Outstanding write up as usual Mr Flog.
  13. C

Difference between SID World Cup & SID XX World Cup

Funnily enough I have the current Sid XX on my dually and the World Cup on the hardtail. The WC is slightly lighter but I fitted a hydraulic lockout to it so they're roughly the same. For some reason the XX feels plusher. Maybe being on a dually, I don't know.
  14. C

Paterson 3hr Photos

I have to confess Flogger. On my site lap, I kicked a couple of rocks away that made that little rock step up too easy. That is my contribution to the track build.
  15. C

Shaved legs on a MTB

I don't actually care but........ I actually get harassed for not shaving my legs by alot of riders. Most of the time I can't be bothered even shaving my face so there is no way I'd start on my legs. Plus, I like winning road races with hairy legs too, there's something gratifying about it.