Search results

1. retroenduro

Prospect Hill

There is always Kuipto forest, thats a bit more trail/XC and quite good fun although limited in size. Plus there are heaps of backroads to explore on a 29er if you're into that kinda thing.
  2. retroenduro

Chain reaction cycles

twice in a row now my orders have been very late and ive had to chase...have they had a change of management? ive been ordering for 8 years now and never had such crap as this....
  3. retroenduro

Trail maps

Where are you? In Victoria you can get onto the departments of environment and primary industries website and use their forest explorer map service (just Google forest explorer) it shows all fire trails although some bits are out of date a little bit but it is useful. I imagine most states...
  4. retroenduro

Ticks!

Lyme's disease is rare in Australia but it does exist...the important thing is to recognize the symptoms and get antibiotics quick. Keep an eye on your bites and if they develop a large distinctive red ring (google for images) around them and start to itch or get sore go to the doctor and TELL...
  5. retroenduro

Lysty - too wet?

Anuersym is a play track rather than race track so have fun focusing on hitting all the A lines smoothly rather than nailing it as quick as possible
  6. retroenduro

VIC Lysterfield Park

1. It is. we finished it a while ago and its been signed. its just pure laziness on my part that the flags are still there...... 2. After i think there is currently a freeze on trail work due to insurance issues as far as i know :o( check out lysterfield district trail riders website and...
  7. retroenduro

Whats the funniest thing you have found on a trail?

Three things recently....a gold medal hanging from a tree...obviously left behind by a champion of some sort, a brand new tennis ball just sitting right in the middle of the trail...looking like it had been placed...que the anyone for tennis? jokes and then shortly after a koala that...
  8. retroenduro

Lysterfield or woodend

Woodend is a tad muddy at the moment, rode it this morning, lysterfield is slightly drier as long as you stay on the west side (rode it yesterday) but after that rainstorm we had just now i would think most tracks around melbourne are going to be a mess.
  9. retroenduro

is my hub just loose or is it dead?

love this, every time i have a problem someone somewhere on this forum is having almost exactly the same issue. Make sure you clip the labyrinth seal (the big one at the base of the freehub) back in when your done otherwise it doesnt spin free! this was pissing me off for the past week. great...
  10. retroenduro

Sawmill Settlement

they are still there as far as i know. they will be upgraded next year to link into Bike Bullers 42 km epic that they have in the pipeline.
  11. retroenduro

Good Hydraulic Brakes and fairly cheap

shimano shimano shimano! its not that avids are crap or anything its just shimanos are so much better for the money. More powerful, more reliable, easier to work with and generally cheaper. I ran avids for years and when i finally was convinced to try shimano there was lots of head slapping...
  12. retroenduro

Warburton MTB Park Feasibility study - survey

done, not just build new trails but make use of those tramways! they are awesome...9km descent anybody?
  13. retroenduro

Polygon

i bought one of the polygon hardtail 29ers earlier this year. I still cant believe the value every time i get on and ride it (Which has been heaps), its an awesome bike and one of the best bike purchases i ever made. Second hand is a minefield if you don't know what to look for. For peace of...
  14. retroenduro

what to buy

anybody want to develop a 'bike finder' where people can enter in budget, trail types, skill level etc and it recommends a bike?..
  15. retroenduro

You Yangs Regional Park Mountain Bike Trail Closures

Redesdale is bone dry at the mo...was up there today so if you need an XC fix.....
  16. retroenduro

VIC Lysterfield Park

Just been up to Redesdale today as Lystie was closed and its dry as a nuns *&^% up there so if you need your MTB fix head north for the day. I only saw three small puddles on the whole loop....good times!
  17. retroenduro

Where to ride, Brisbane

xctrails.org or buy the book, where to ride in SE queensland or opencyclemap.org there is heaps of stuff all within a 20 min drive of the centre.
  18. retroenduro

Cleaning Black Anodising ?

yep can vouch for this....works ace on ano black and makes new muck easier to clean off too...but as this guys says....stay well away from the brakes!!!!!
  19. retroenduro

VIC Lysterfield Park

aw nuts :o(
  20. retroenduro

Specialized Enduro 29er

apparently according to one dealer.....specialized are going to become a lot harder to find as they are shipping most of their stock to china as MTB is booming out there. Was just a casual conversation rather than the old 'better snap one up now before they all go' bullshit you usually get...