Search results

1. B

Dirt Jumper II Rebound Adjustment

I was trying to speed up the rebound on my 04 DJ2's recently and didn't have much luck. I'm hoping someone could give me a hand. The adjustment screw thingo is in the right fork leg (right as you look at the fork when sitting in the saddle), right? I stuck the adjustment rod down the right...
  2. B

Bashguard for 36T Chainring

I need a bashguard for a 36t chainring. An E Thirteen would be nice, but I might be interested in whatever's going.
  3. B

Dirt Jumper Travel Kits

Can you buy travel kits for stock 04 110mm DJ forks to extend the travel? And does anyone know what's involved and if it's easy enough to do yourself without an official kit? Cheers.
  4. B

STP 1 Modding; Marzocchi Drop Off Comp... OEM? Price?

Heya folks. I'm looking at picking up a Giant STP 1 soon and I'm trying to plum out what parts to switch out on it so I can get a deal worked out. I'm considering swapping the fork for a through-axle jobbie, but I think the fork (Drop Off Comp) is OEM, so I dunno if the shop'll be too cool...
  5. B

Car/Moto Brake Fluid for MTB?

I was wondering if the dot 3 and 4 fluid used for cars and moto's is cool to use for MTB's. The price of Hayes kits etc is pretty rude, so this seems like it could be a cheaper option.
  6. B

Weird Sheeyat

Check out this quick test and be prepared to maybe get a little freaked out: http://basslin3r.code-ninjas.com/weird.htm Don't look at what anyone might post below before you do the test cuz it might ruin it. .
  7. B

DH Comp/Team Frame Sizes

I threw my leg over a DH Comp in a shop today and pretty much fell in love instantly - even though it was set up badly. It was a small (16.5" I think), but it actually felt pretty well sized, which suprised me. The cockpit seemed a fair bit roomier than my large Stinky (which is a pretty short...
  8. B

What Would You Do? (another dually vs. hardtail thread)

I've posted a couple of threads (kinda) recently about picking up a new hardtail for myself, but being the indecicive bastard that I am a new thought has popped into my head. I can get a really good price on a new Giant DH Comp and I'm thinking about selling my Stinky and picking one up...
  9. B

Norco Bigfoot: Any Competition?

After discovering the phenomenon called acceleration whilst thrashing around and commuting on a crappy hardtail recently I'm REALLY keen to get myself a half decent hardtail. I've changed my mind about getting a fully rigid. I want something that's gonna eat up a trail better than it does a...
  10. B

Cheap(ish) Commuter That Can Maybe Take a Thrashing

I'm looking for a commuter for under a thousand bucks - the cheaper the better - and ideally I'd like it to be able to take some jumps (nothing huge) and a little trail abuse if nescesary. Fully rigid will probably be the go I reckon. I can't really be arsed putting something together myself...
  11. B

6" Dirt Jumpers

I've been thinking about getting a hardtail lately and spotted an 04 Rampage today which looked really nice. I'm not sure about the 6" DJ's on it though. Has anyone had experience with these forks yet or heard any good juice about them? I was thinking I'd probably be better off with a 5" fork...
  12. B

Chains, Chainrings and Clusters

What's the deal with replacing one of these without the other two? I've heard that it's a good practice to replace your cluster when you get a new chain as the old chain wears into the cluster or vice-vera or whatever. Is this right?
  13. B

What's the deal with roadie derailleurs/cassettes on MTB's?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a road bike derailleur and/or cassette on a MTB?
  14. B

Manitou Swinger RRP?

I'm thinking of upgrading my shock sometime soonish and always forget to ask when I'm in a LBS, so does anyone know the retail price on these? I'd probably be looking at gettin a '4 way'. Cheers.
  15. B

The Average Age of Farkiner's

Just curious. I was gonna post this in 'Off Topic', but I thought we might get it a bit more accurately in here.
  16. B

The best ski mountain with chairlifts for MTBers

Me and a mate have been considering going on a road trip to Mt Beauty over the Xmas holidays. I was wondering if Mt. Beauty would be the best option or if there might be a better alternative. Which mountains are gonna be running their chairlifts for the MTBers this Summer?
  17. B

Cheap Hayes Pads from DH Direct

Has anyone used the Imperial brake pads from www.dhdirect.com.au ? They're only $25 and I need some new pads so I was considering trying them out, but I'm not sure if I should just fork out the extra buxors for some EBC or Hayes ones that are known to work well. Any opinions and/or...
  18. B

Big 2 Ring Spreads?

Okay, I reckon I wanna go an Evil DRS chainguide on my Stinky, but I'm not sure about what I can get away with on the gear spread. I'd like to run as large a middle ring as possible, but I still want the best climbing ability that I can get. What can I get away with? Up to a 40t chanring can...
  19. B

Evil DRS Vs. Blackspire Dewlie

The chain slappin' noise and slipping and dropping on my 03 Stinky is pissing me off so I figure it's time for a chain device, but I'm not willing to give up the granny wheel. The DRS or Dewlie seem like the best options and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions about 'em. Cheers.
  20. B

NWD IV / Drift II Premiere Dates?

I read in AMB that there will be premiere parties all around Oz and might be keen to check it out here in Adelaide. They said to check the black phoenix website, but I couldn't find any details there. Does anyone know the details for Adelaide?