Search results

1. P

Replace Guide RS lever with Guide RSC

Hi, I assume the calipers are the same for the Guide RS and RSC. I like my brakes biting at the start of the lever travel which can't be accommodated for on my current Guide RS brakes. I've found some RSC levers which sell for $75 per end, however, they're displayed as the Guide RSC G2 (?)...
  2. P

Increase HUB buzz and engagement?

Hey, All my bikes to date have had the DT SWISS 240s (non-boost) with upgraded 36T star ratchet. Love the sound - love the angry bees. I recently picked up the 2018 Trance Advanced 1, which I believe runs DT SWISS hubs (boost), but with 3 pawl. I haven't actually opened it to look...
  3. P

Personal safety warning - Candlebark Park trails

Just a heads up of a very suss behaviour which my brother experienced while riding at Candlebark Park on Sunday 9 July 2017 (afternoon period) My brother was riding up the rocky switch back section which is located approx 50m in from the main walking path and between the open field with the...
  4. P

FOUND iphone - Lysterfield trails

I stopped to help a rider (Ryan) look for his dropped iphone on the trails - I tried to help by calling his phone but we couldn't hear the ring. I later got a return call from someone that found the phone, who gave me their details. So Ryan, if you're still looking for your phone...
  5. P

Sold SOLD - please remove

Item: 2017 Cannondale Habit Carbon 3 Location: Melbourne Item Condition: BRAND NEW, never ridden Reason for selling: Impulse purchase which (on reflection) is not required in my fleet of bikes Price and price conditions: $4500 Extra Info: Bike currently RRP is $4999. Bike has some cosmetic...
  6. P

Di2 internal battery mounting options

Hi guys, So I ended up buying the BT-DN110 internal Di2 battery, but as it turns out, it doesn't actually fit the SM-BTR2 bottle mount holder.. :( The holder is not long enough and could I guess work with some modification and drilling etc. Does anyone know if the DN110 will fit the...
  7. P

XTR vs XT di2 display

Hey all I'm moving to di2 XT and just about to order the parts. However, I've seen seen the XTR M9050 display for sale at nearly AUD $80 less than the SC-MT800 XT display. Any reason not to get the XTR? Or does it have some other function, connection, something that the XT doesn't have...
  8. P

VIC Sold

Item: Yeti SB-66 Allow in black, size medium Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Used with a few minor scuffs as would be expected with bike use, but does have frame skin fitted Reason for selling: Just not being ridden. I can always see myself riding it in the future, but the fact is...
  9. P

Stans Notubes kit

Hey peeps, I've installed a stans notubes kit onto an Alex Rim Super Comp (18mm). However, the bead won't set. The instruction manual says to not inflate past 40psi, but even at that pressure (plus soapy water), the bead won't set. I've reduced the amount of rim tape used to try provide...
  10. P

China Carbon frames (yet another post)

Hey, Sorry I know there's been a lot of discussion about these ebay China carbon frames 'on the line'. I'm thinking about getting one as a side project. This is the one I'm looking at, unless someone has a good reason to not buy it (a few people on other forums have this frame)...
  11. P

3x9 chain dropping

Hey forum, I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a device or otherwise to minimise/prevent chain drop on a 3x9 setup of mine. The setup is on a 2011 SB-66 and I've tried googling an answer, but none are actually helpful. Eg. remove big ring and replace with a bash guard, shift to big...
  12. P

Wheelbase after new fork

Howdy, I recently changed over my 120mm DT Swiss XMM fork to a 2013 Cannondale Lefty XLR 130mm (modified to 120mm). The front wheel size is 26 for both setups. Is anyone able to confirm whether or not if Leftys result in a longer wheelbase when compared to a conventional fork? Is the...
  13. P

Selling a bike on rotorburn

Hey, So finally got trading access! What's the protocol for selling a bike? Sell to the first person that sends you a pm or sell to the first person that offers you the money you seek? My preference is to sell to whoever gives me the money. But just feel bad for the others - however...
  14. P

MTB iphone app

Hey peeps, Can any recommend, or even verify if one exists, a GPS style app for iOS? I know there are a few logging and record keeping apps (Strava, Map my ride, etc), but does there exist one which downloads maps and gives turn-by-turn (or indicative) information about your ride, which...
  15. P

Rear shock 7.5 x 1.75... ?

Hey, So I've got the Cannondale Rush which currently runs a 7.5 x 1.75 fox 2008 rp23. I got myself a really good deal on a 2012 (kashima) rp23 from CRC (or at least what I thought was a good deal) but it has a length of 7.5 x 2.0. Ken from Tekin previously mentioned that all I would...
  16. P

Replacement frame options for Cannondale Rush Carbon

Hey guys (and girls) My Rush Carbon frame seems to have developed a 'crack' sound which I can't locate. It's not creaking, but will let out a snap/crack sound at some point during my ride. I don't know when it will occur, or specifically what I'm doing when it happens - it sometimes happens...
  17. P

Grease seat post?

Hey, Just wondering whether or not I need to grease my seatpost before installing?? Seatpost is RockShox Reverb, frame is allow SB-66. SRAMtech says to not grease (but use friction paste), but the bike shop tells me to put grease on. Any final answers? Thanks
  18. P

Elixir CR vs Formula R1 - Trail vs Race brake

I'm looking to replace my Elixir CRs with Formula R1s... now the Formula R1s are marketed as 'race brakes', but the description and many comments say it's good for AM/FR/Enduro too. The bike will mainly be for XC/Trail stuff (no racing), so my question is, are race brakes simply lighter than...
  19. P

Convert DT Swiss 240s 20mm to 15mm

Hey Peeps, I'm currently running a front DT Swiss 240s 20mm on a Talas 36 RC2. I'm taking the wheelset with me to my new bike (SB-66), which will be running a QR15 Talas 32. I intend to buy the DT swiss 20mm to 15mm conversion kit, but there's one issue I can't wrap my head around and...
  20. P

Helibiking New Zealand

Hey, Any one know companies that organise heli-biking in the North Island? Auckland or Rotorua areas, which is where I'll be riding in general. Google hasn't found much for North, presumably not much there, when compared to say Queenstown. Cheers, Chris