BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
That the bike is still there.
well I hadn’t driven anywhere yet

Not sure I would be comfortable with that.
that’s why I posted it

It's backwards...
Nope forward facing

The bike is too clean.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Yeah it’s only had a couple of rides before all the rain.

Front derailleur is missing.
are you from the past?

A bottle holder has been installed by fool with no appreciation for aesthetics.
It’s actually a really clean install, the internal lines are actually cable tied really neatly to the cage.
The real problem is no space for the cage and clamp. As it is I can only use a short bottle otherwise it hits the shock.

Survived the drive to the northern beaches today for a family ride, did the M1 at 120ish and hardly moved. Actually impressed with how quiet it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goobags

Likes Dirt
Not a chance I would put that bike on my car with that rack. I would be too scared that when it fell off it would scratch my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I put some high density foam under the bottle cage, was fine for 2+ years.
Figured it was better than clamping on the frame

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep piss off that thule, and anyone else who cares for their cabon mtb with a thule like this, and get a yakima frontloader, highroller, or the new highroad.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Option: Santa Cruz with bottle cage OR Santa Cruz that fits in that thule carrier - choose ONE

I've removed the bottle cages from my hightower Lt and the wifes tallboy because of that.
If you need a bottle cage your rides are either too long for no bottle or too short for a camelbak - there really should be no bottle mounting bs in between.

Hools

Likes Dirt
Has anyone used spare mounted bike racks such as the Thule 963Pro? I'm looking for something for my Defender, which has a spare on a Kaymar rear wheel carrier. The benefit of course, is the wheel carrier would move the bike out of the way of the cargo area. Wondering if these are strong enough and also if the extra weight will affect the wheel carrier? Anyone have any experience of this?