Twenty quality MTB threads by Christmas or Santa gets it....

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
santa.jpg

Many of you will have noticed that the vibe around Rotorburn has been a bit grim of late. Bickering in the Off-Topic section seems to have dominated posting. We know there are plenty of long-term members who observe but don't post much as a result.

So as I mentioned in the Little Things You Love thread, I'm setting you all a challenge. I'd like to see at least twenty quality new threads about mountain biking before Christmas Day: this could be a sweet new PYR (doesn't have to be a fancy bike to be a good story), a detailed road trip or trail report or an interesting thread about how to do some kind of mechanical thing. Lots of photos are encouraged!

Because Rudolph needs a carrot to get out of bed I'm going to put up a $50 Pushys voucher for a randomly selected thread from this period.

EDiT: There are now two $50 Pushys vouchers up for grabs; the odds are improving!

So grab your potato camera, wipe the dust off that neglected bike and let's Make Rotorburn Great Again.

I'll add links to the threads here so people can see who's in the running:

@dancaseyimages' Transition Scout PYR.
@Mattyp's Propain Spindrift PYR
@Dales Cannon's Post Your Favourite Ride Thread
@Asininedrivel's Austrian Adventure
@Oddjob' EDR Wishlist
@Jpez's RAAW Madonna & GG Megatrail
@kten's Big Raw Pole
@Calvin27's Budget Bikepacker
@Stredda's Iron Tor Sufferfest
@Cosh's Banshee Prime
@LPG's Where We Ride Thread
@Chriso_29er's Diary of a rather modest racer
@Switch's @Lucaw Retirement Plan
@zac's Retro Smasher
@oldcorollas Giant History Lesson
@Rusty_68's Rusty Chisel
@safreek's Freeky Boomer Scooter
@ausdb's Contemptible Spitfire
@birddog69's Little Yellow Lightweight
@the drizzle's Return to meat power
@TheAzza's High Pivot Horsey
@beeb's Katy Perry Tribute
@nathanm Hardline Maydena Thread
@Dozer's 30 Years of MTB
@downunderdallas' MTB Trail Bucketlist
@rowdyflat's Most Hated Mechanical Mysteries

And although they were started earlier, I'm also giving free bonus entries to:

@Spanky_Ham's Tour of Japan
@yuley95 Trails of Canada thread
@leitch's Arc8 Extra

Over to you 'burners!

(Threads started by mods are not eligible for the prize, but get involved in the replies anyway!)

Last edited:

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Well we'll be damned, someone thinks the ramblings of a fat pig are worth something.. we got a local cheap as video creation place to help us with winning that 50 buck voucher....We need to get good content creation.... that'll get us all the votes...

Wait, why are there two apparently naked men, a woman and a dog in front of a blue screen sheet...

Holy crap, the director/ video guy is puffin from that pipe real hard...

Crap, the pigs genitals have gone from 4K HD to looking like they're rendered by a water damaged Atari 2600.....

Come on, if we win this.... We'll sell the 50 buck pushys voucher to @pink poodle for some "Japanese snow" and hopefully the pipe smoking director will upgrade our genitals from heavily pixelated to a soft Vaseline lens affect after we give it to him....

S

P.S. saw this about an hour after reading we'd been added to the list....

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Many of you will have noticed that the vibe around Rotorburn has been a bit grim of late. Bickering in the Off-Topic section seems to have dominated posting.
It is grim, same controversial crap at the top of 'new posts' every visit, not much about bikes lately.

Ban/lock controversial threads in the off-topic. If people aren't mature enough to accept everyone has different opinions without arguing and calling names, then let them keep their schmack talk for Fakebook.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I guess it's easy to just go back to riding bikes when the outcome doesn't touch our lives in any way.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Thanks everyone for getting behind this idea. We've already passed the half way point so things are looking pretty positive for that plump bearded chap.

Seeing some great PYR's, and would definitely love more travel and trail reports too.

Keep up the good work, and if you're someone who's largely posting in Off-Topic, now is your change to get involved in the bike side of things.

Nice one.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Thanks everyone for getting behind this idea. We've already passed the half way point so things are looking pretty positive for that plump bearded chap.

Seeing some great PYR's, and would definitely love more travel and trail reports too.

Keep up the good work, and if you're someone who's largely posting in Off-Topic, now is your change to get involved in the bike side of things.

Nice one.
So let's double the offer to $100.