3. bipyjamas

NSW NS Suburban (Rigid) - **SOLD**

Still for sale.
  4. bipyjamas

NSW Trials Zhi Z1 (SOLD)

Sold!!!!!!!
  5. bipyjamas

NSW NS Suburban (Rigid) - **SOLD**

Item: NS Suburban 2008 Location: Inner City, Sydney Item Condition: Good Price and conditions: SOLD Extra Info: The bike has been with me for over 2 years and has had things progressively changed over that time. The frame and front wheel is less than 6 months old. I typically use it for...
  6. bipyjamas

NSW Trials Zhi Z1 (SOLD)

Howdy, I'm selling my trusty old Zhi Z1 (it's black with flouro orange rims and silver forks) as I'm moving away to the UK to stay for 730 days. It was purchased off about 18 months ago, had bits and bobs chopped and changed. I believe only the wheels, frame, fork, cranks, pedals and rear...
  7. bipyjamas

How hard is it to build a wheel at home without a trueing stand?

It should be fine if you take your time. Sheldon's guide is pretty spot on. Semi-therapeutic as well.
  8. bipyjamas

Proposed XC Wheel build?

I would probably suggest not getting a 36H rear only because 32H is more popular/convenient and you won't need the extra 4 spokes for XC. Building wheels is fun, do it! :)
  9. bipyjamas

Need some info on PIKES please!

Just so you're aware, the lowers are magnesium and depending on which model Pike, the the steerer may be chromo (409) or alloy (454).
  10. bipyjamas

Cool new Hope Cassette/Freehub.

... I don't see the point? It seems like a lot of trade-offs for what seems to be only 20g worth of weight savings and 9-tooth on a cassette (thanks Kamikazee ideki)
  11. bipyjamas

Gear Ratio?

You may want to double check that you can actually run a 11T (or find one)
  12. bipyjamas

Hub help

I've had mine for a couple of years now running a 13T, no problems to report. It's everything a SS cassette hub should be. The loudness is over the top though...
  13. bipyjamas

Spoke Question

Definitely get the right spoke lengths for the job rather than modifying spokes. You need all the thread intact so the wheel can properly be trued and tensioned so cutting is not really an option, nor is getting spokes that are too long. Also two things regarding your measurements, 1. Your...
  14. bipyjamas

The Herd

LoL Nerf, your new bike reminds me of Buzz from Toy Story 1 trying to fit in with Woody and the other toys. That's some serious looking gear buddy; is it your "between jobs" presents? :cool:
  15. bipyjamas

Dtswiss thru-bolt conversions

Cool, thanks guys for the confirmation. Funny thing is I've decided to go with a new wheel build since quite a few places are having massive sales on hubs and rims at the moment. I have a feeling the new wheel build would end up costing not too much more than the conversion kit plus thru bolt...