Search results

1. B

Boxxer internals swap

Yep, you could just swap the whole damping leg over and it would be no worries at all.
  2. B

Core Stability, a neuroscience approach

In both of those activities you are using a bunch of muscle groups in the movements you are making and your "core" isn't isolated. The whole argument here (I think?) is that isolated core exercises are a load of crap and they don't produce any performance benefits. `
  3. B

27.5" GT Fury

I think the bike looks retarded. Hate the shape of the frame.
  4. B

Which bike do i buy? (2nd hand)

Sundays are a good buy if you are looking for a cheap bike that will perform well. You can easily update it to suit modern geometry standards, there are still plenty of spare parts to be found and there is probably more info about setting up Sundays and getting the most out of them on the...
  5. B

Where to live in Sydney?

I lived in Crowsnest for 2 years and had pretty much the same requirements as you. It took about 15 minutes to ride into the city and wasn't too far to manly dam or up to Ourimbah/Awaba. It has plenty of cafes and shit too. My other piece of advice is to just not live in that soul sucking...
  6. B

two broken metacarpals, recovery, and interim training questions

I broke the end off my right 5th metacarpal in April last year at the NSW state round in Thredbo. I got operated on about 6 days after I broke it and had a bunch of screws drilled into me and my hand wrapped in a cast that held my pinky and ring finger curled over. -2 weeks post op the cast...
  7. B

2014 RC4 on a 2013 Demo 8

No they aren't. The boost valve on the RC4 is what makes the shock progressive, if you want a run down on how it works have a read of this post: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229008&p=3405602&viewfull=1#post3405602 If you are still in doubt, even Fox says the Van RC is...
  8. B

You can't compare the tune of a Van RC and an RC4. You could have an RC4 with a compression tune that is just as light as the Vanillia RC but it would feel very different. The Vanilla RC is a speed sensitive shock like a vivid/CCDB so compression damping is based on how fast the shaft of the...
  9. B

Earlier RC4's or air shocks will be better for a Demo. The new RC4 has been designed to be less progressive and let the suspension design take care of how progressive the bike is. The Demo has a mostly linear leverage rate and relies on the shock to provide some sort of ramp up towards the end...
  10. B

DVO Emerald

From what I've heard from people overseas; lots. Like significantly more than other forks around at the moment.
  11. B

2014 Team Changes/Rumors

It's just a 2014 Vivid http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/vivid-r2c You can buy that frame and shock off chain reaction right now if you want to.
  12. B

2014 Orange 322

I hope they have figured out that straight single pivots are shit and at least thrown a linkage in there to get a decent shock rate. Especially if they are going to keep charging a million $ for a frame.
  13. B

2014 Team Changes/Rumors

Massive, massive waste of talent for Richie Rude...........
  14. B

WTB Yeti 303dh frame

I've got a 303 25th Anniversary I'm looking to sell. It has been rawed though due to Yeti's shitty paint quality. Comes with a kashima RC4, ti spring and chris king headset. Let me know if you're interested.
  15. B

2011 or later Boxxer compression/rebound damper

Item: Looking for 2011 or later boxxer dampers. Even better if you have an Avalanche cartirdige you are willing to sell. Location: If you are close to Newcastle I can pick up, postage otherwise. Item condition: Working order Price and price conditions: $100-$200 depending on damper and condition
  16. B

Sold

Bump.............
  17. B

Sold

Bump. Feel free to throw some offers around!
  18. B

Basic Resistance Training Guidelines

Thanks for that MWI! I will definitely incorporate all of that into the program. Your suggestions are a lot more movement specific, especially the plank leg raise. The focus on the 'core' is to correct a weak spot that I had all winter where my back was rounding/bending sideways through high...
  19. B

Basic Resistance Training Guidelines

Any chance I could get some feedback for a program I've just put together? I've tried to make this specific to ski conditioning and areas that I need to work on but I dare say it could be used for riding as well. This program will also be mixed in with a fair bit of swimming, bike riding and...
  20. B

Painting fork without disassembly.

I would tape paper tightly around the stanchions and tape over the seals if you have your heart set on not taking the fork apart. Masking tape will be the easiest thing to work with. I wish you luck in painting between the stanchions and fork arch......