Search results

1. E

Flats V's Clipless

Have noticed a bit of discussion about flats versus clipless. For a variety of reasons I've allways used flats, I ride alot of technical terain and I like being able to put a foot down whenever (yes I'm slack) - I've no doubt I'd get more power of clipless - but right now I wearing five tens...
  2. E

SCOTT 24 hour 2010

Since you omitted emoticons I'll assume you're being straight. Without reading the competion rules I can't whether or not your bike as is contravenes the competion rules, however riding either of the courses this weekend without a front brake is nuts. I think your best bet at this point...
  3. E

Capital Punishment is GO

Uhh minor point - CORC don't own the trails, the ACT government owns the land (and probalby picked up a great big wodge of cash for todays efforts). That said CORC does maintain some of them, although the ones at Stromlo are currently maintained by Making Trails on behalf of the ACT goverment...
  4. E

Bottom Bracket spec for a 2006 SC Chameleon

Hi, I'm looking at replacing the bottom bracket on my 2006 Santa Cruz Chameleon - and I don't know what size it is suggestions anyone? J
  5. E

Capital Punishment - AROC Shambles!

Hmmm so lets see: today my project lost it's tech lead and it's comms manager, now I find out AROC isn't doing the Rat Race and may have to cancel CP Again - because it hasn't sorted planing issues). Can my day get any worse:(
  6. E

STOLEN canberra: "Burley" brand kid trailer

Stolen from Richardson Childcare Centre between Thurs, 19 Nov and Fri, 20 Nov. This trailer is not widely available in Australia so will stand out. It is designed for 2 children with a storage area in the rear. The "Burley" name and logo are visible on the sides and rear of the trailer. If you...
  7. E

Another reason why cyclists are getting a bad name.

Maybe he's related to the bloke who's been walking on the East bound Hindmarsh Drive bike lane during peak hour over the last couple of weeks. Keep missing him on the green lane though.
  8. E

F%#k you Carl Scully

Or perhaps we might have been better served if his patents used a fresh one. But to the matter at hand - I can't belive he's trotting out the hoary chestnut that rego fees and fuel excises pay for our roads and their upkeep.
  9. E

Recommended Urban Rides in Canberra

Tuggeranong & Belconnen Town Center centers both boast substantial and popular skake/bike parks - Woden's Skake park is about to open but I don't know when that will occur. The Office space in Woden has lots of stairs and stuff that are kind of fun to jump off - and its usually deserted outside...
  10. E

Scott 24hr 2009

1st. Go Trudi!
  11. E

Scott 24hr 2009

Ummm. Obviously some sort of technical problem. How unfortunate.
  12. E

Scott 24hr 2009

Unless things have changed, mtb trails are marked with blue posts, and horse trails are marked with orange posts... Yes this could be better sign posted and last time I looked it the horse trails also included the section under the bridge just before the start of the berm trail.
  13. E

Pedal feedback

I've got magnesium V12s the're really sweet and I haven't a problem with although a couple DH riders I've met claim they can shatter. OTH given any thought to Kona Wah Wah pedals?
  14. E

Best place to ride in Canberra area

Would the possiblity of pump track goodness have any thing to do with recent appearance of a whole bunch of dirt mounds on the XC short course between the 4x track and trials area?
  15. E

Is Stromlo reopened yet?

Is the bottom of Rascles still blocked? Was there yesterday and had to detour to avoid the some blue fence. OTH Good work to all those involved in the clean up and any one know if the PTBs plan on remediating the pond forming in one of the berms?
  16. E

ACT Canberra Worlds Afterparty

Mooseheads was shut? You should have tried Debarcle or Edgars
  17. E

UCI MTB World Champs - 2009 @ Stromlo

I'm sure there's a brotherhood bin you could sleep in.
  18. E

UCI MTB World Champs - 2009 @ Stromlo

Short answer is you won't be able to buy (let along use) any while the Worlds are on. Longer is, over the last few years we've seen a concerted effort from pet owners, brick letter box owners and other interested parties to get the sale and use banned. Currently sales are limited to licenced...
  19. E

Best place to ride in Canberra area

Discovered Rascales the other day (tucked in on RHS of the 4X facing towards the pavilion) loving it!:D
  20. E

Bruce Ridge a.k.a O'connor Ridge Official Thread

And on that note, is there an actual, gazetted, definition of what a formed road is in the ACT? My gut says fire trail or better, but I can't find anything on the ACT gov site, other than out of date maps which indicate bike trails that I don't think are legal any more, and my wife likes to...