Search results

1. L

Repairing carbon fibre chainstay?

you guys think thats worth repairing? if it cracked mid section I reckon it would have been easy to just overlay it with cf or something but what about if its like this and at the edge where it joins the dropouts? Should I just smother it in epoxy? what do you guys suggest? thanks!!
  2. L

ACT wanted: huffy slider

hey all, after a huffy slider in either ACT or Syd as i'm driving down to sydney this weekend. new/used doesn't matter so long as it all works. :D please PM me thank you!
  3. L

kona scrap anyone?

I know they are rather old and as I posted in the bmx section I got a bmx the other day and took it to the dirt jumps first time today (it was fun although im sure I have a lot more to learn) lol And I have someone who wants to swap the bmx for his kona stuff. bmx I have is the eastern...
  4. L

first time bmx owner

hey all, just got rid of my dh bike and I'm looking at getting a 2nd hand bmx bike.. How much should I expect to pay for an eastern trail digger/ sequence? someone local to me is selling one. he says it was a gift to him and its a trail digger but the top tube says sequence? From what I've...
  5. L

Stromlo DH ok for a beginner?

So yeah, as the title states, if I ride down the dh track on stromlo, will I be ok as a first timer? Obviously I'll be taking it slow however I'm new to downhill riding pretty much. I just dont want to die. lol. If what I think I know is correct, the dh track pretty ok and the way harder...
  6. L

hayes 9 losing pressure

so i got a new 2nd hand bike right, came with hayes nine brakes. Felt fine when i got it. Fine zippong around some streets and fine going up stromlo.. Fine part of the way down too. However when i got to the parking lot after going down, the lever would go all the way to the bar.. Stupid me...
  7. L

Question about tapered forks and non tapered frames....

I think I already know the answer to this but I might as well ask, I've got an xxtension xplore frame. Currently got a fox 36 on it. Was wanting to swap it out for a lyrik owned by a friend. Problem is its off of a remedy so tis got a tapered steerer I'm pretty sure. Basically, can I fit a...
  8. L

Wider tyre up front or behind?

just a quick question, I've got some 1.9's and 2.1 and one 2.2 tyre laying around.. I've always run the same size front and back but I knwo some people run different sizes. So which is which? do I have the wider tyre up front or on the back? thanks guys!
  9. L

160mm forks for long rides

I'm sure some of you would have done this, any feedback? I know it wont be as easy as a 100mm fork going uphills etc. But how about straight/flat roads? I ended up getting a vanilla 36 for the xplore frame and I'm gonna be keeping it at 160mm for a while to see how I feel with it. I'm probably...
  10. L

Do I always need to match the rear travel with the fork?

Ok newbie question, I'm doing up my first FS bike so I've got a few questions re suspension. It's the xplore I got from beno which has 5-6' rear travel. I'm also getting a fox 36 for the bike. Some people told me to match the rear travel of the bito the front. 6' is about 152 and the fox is...
  11. L

Whats a good 'next step' from BB7's?

hey all, I had bb7s on my old XC bike but I'm currently building a trail/AM frame (xtension xplore) and was wondering what the next step up from them would be? looking to go hydro. I love the bb7's to be honest. I've just put 203mm disks on front and back (proabably overkill) but havent...
  12. L

Fox vanilla 36 or marzocchi 66?

It mght have been asked before but this weather is making my net so slow so I thought I'd ask anyway. I'm looking at getting a fork over the weekend. Bought a frame from beno and now im stumped as to what fork to use. its for the xtension xplore. I'm only looking at doing AM/XC with it if that...
  13. L

feedback on xtension xplore?

ey all, I'm looking at purchasing an Xtension Xplore frame from beno (cycle solutions) next week cause my current HT frame is too big for me. Plus he gave me a good price on it.. It wont come with a rear shock so I'm looking for something to put on.. Also, when transferring parts from an...
  14. L

feedback on Xtension Xplore frames?

hey all, I'm looking at purchasing an Xtension Xplore frame from beno (cycle solutions) next week cause my current HT frame is too big for me. Plus he gave me a good price on it.. It wont come with a rear shock so I'm looking for something to put on.. Also, when transferring parts from an...
  15. L

MTB for my girlfriend and areas to ride in Sydney?

hey all, I'm Paul. I want to get my gf started on mtb'ing with me.. Before I go into buying a bike, I thought I'd have her try it if she liked it (she has a cruiser that I restored so shes only really done road/pathway cycling) we're staying at cremorne point and i saw that at manly...