Recent content by CraigS

1. CraigS

The Photo Snob Thread

If anyone on here is interested in taking their off camera lighting to the next level, I'm selling my Elinchrom Ranger RX AS Speed portable lighting setup. Includes Ranger RX AS Speed power pack, S Head, spare battery, Skyport trigger and receiver, 5m cable, shoot through umbrella, 50cm beauty...
  2. CraigS

The Photo Snob Thread

You can't go past F-Stop Gear and the Loka UL (ultra light) would be perfect for what you describe. http://fstopgear.com/news/2014-04/introducing-loka-ul#.VPYUAS7GppU I also think after reading the past few posts that the reason this thread has faded away is because the majority of the...
  3. CraigS

The Photo Snob Thread

I use mine with both a 580EXII and a 430EXII. Also I'm contemplating selling my Elinchrom Ranger RX AS Speed with S head, spare battery, skyport trigger and receiver, beauty dish, Rotalux 100cm deep octa, 135cm octa, reflectors. I also have 3m wide paper backdrops in off white, black, red and...
  4. CraigS

The Photo Snob Thread

Damn there's been some sweet shots recently although this thread needs a bump. Andrew, perfect as always Ben that's a sweet B&W. Loving those alpine shots you've been posting Angus that shot is friggin awesome. I don't think I'd be the only one to say the standard of shots in this thread...
  5. CraigS

The Photo Snob Thread

Yes that intervalometer will do the job just fine. I use similar ones for landscapes and timelapse and they have all worked fine. I do recommend buying two as the cords never seem to last me more than 6-12months before the wires break near the join of the main body. I guess at $18 per unit that...
  6. CraigS

Old rotors, chainrings, cassettes that are no longer operational/used

Item: Looking for old worn brake rotors, chainrings or cassettes that anyone is willing to dispose of. Location:Anywhere Item Condition:Not too concerned Price and price conditions:Preferably free although I might be willing to throw a few dollars your way plus postage. Extra Info:I'm after...
  7. CraigS

Official kentlyn thread

Totally agree. I think a shovel and rake might need to be taken out next time we hit the dh lines. There's so much potential just using the existing trails and what is already out there if people are willing to take the time and plan any new features or modifications. When I built Snakes &...
  8. CraigS

Official kentlyn thread

Been out three times in the past week (twice on the xc bike and once on the big bike). The rock trail is riding sweet. I was a little pissed off at the amount of trees that have been cut down on some of the DH runs (Crank to the right being the main one). This is not a good look for the MTB...
  9. CraigS

Official kentlyn thread

Nothing a chainsaw wouldn't fix in a few minutes. It is a fallen tree after all so no harm caused
  10. CraigS

The Photo Snob Thread

I went the whole hog with the M3204x carbon tripod. http://www.mainlinephoto.com.au/prod240.htm It will go nicely with my K40X ballhead. If I had the cash I'd snap that up Tristan but I'm not allowed to spend anymore for a while. Saving for my next major purchase now.
  11. CraigS

The Photo Snob Thread

Christmas presents have begun to arrive in the mail. Now I just have to wait until Christmas morning to use it :/
  12. CraigS

The Photo Snob Thread

Precisely and as I've already told Andrew, AWESOME SHOT. It would be two different focus points each with the same two exposures taken. Can't wait to see what Andrew brings back from his trip.
  13. CraigS

The Photo Snob Thread

The Stofen diffuser should be fine, I have one and have used it a couple of times but usually just go with TTL mode and maybe just use the bounce card on the 580EXII on an angle. This has also worked perfectly fine for me in the past too.
  14. CraigS

Official kentlyn thread

Good to see my old line getting some new love. I built S&L over 4 months while on LS leave 5 yrs ago. Alot of the old timber work was removed thanks to some vandals. I like the link that's been made to join up with other lines. Perhaps the old 8 foot drop below where you stopped needs to be...
  15. CraigS

Anodizing or powdercoating (for roof bars)

I've got the Thule aerobar racks with two Proride 951 racks and mine don't slide into the channel. They have lockdown clips that go around the roof racks and are key locked. I don't see why you can't use the same system on the wingbar's