Search results

1. Moggio

Recommend a Flat Shoe for Kids

My son is 12, growing seemingly an inch a day and rides a lot. Rather than him riding in running shoes I was going to get him some decent shoes to ride in. So I don't want to spend too much on shoes because they can only be used for a while until he grows out of them, but need something...
  2. Moggio

Multiple Day Rides in Australia or NZ???

My riding buddy just broke a collar bone doing some gravity type riding and his wife is thinking maybe some other style of riding might be less disruptive to their lives. So I was thinking there must be some multiple day rides, either guided or the type where there is some basic accommodation...
  3. Moggio

QR 26" Disc Rear Wheel and Rear Disc Brake

Item: 26" QR rear Wheel Condition: Cruddy condition is fine, straightish ok. Price: Really Cheap, preferably somewhere where I can pick up Location: Blue Mountains/ Sydney Info: Need a rear wheel for the cruddy go to the shop bike. Item: Rear Disc Brake Condition: A juicy 3 or...
  4. Moggio

Bright Mystic and Mt Beauty Shuttle Trails Question

At Bright and Mt Beauty what are the trails like that the Blue Dirt Shuttles take you to the top of that aren't DH. Essential are the shuttles worth it at these two locations if you are just riding AM type trails?
  5. Moggio

WTB 26" QR Rear wheel Disc

Item: 26" QR Rear wheel disc type Location: Blue Mountains NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: up to around $120 + postage Extra Info: A wheel that is pretty straight and hub runs well. Slightly tougher type, more for AM heavier use rather than light weight XC. Basically needs to handle some...
  6. Moggio

Riding trip to Bright/Falls Ck/Mt Beauty/Beechworth. Best trail recommendations.

Currently organising a 4-5 day riding trip to Bright/Falls Ck/Mt Beauty/Beechworth in Vic and looking for essential trail recommendations. We would be looking for as much descending stuff as possible (but not DH) with the slog to get up as a necessary pain in preference to more undulating XC...
  7. Moggio

Planning a 5 day riding trip somewhere? But where?

Currently I have the job of planning a 4 or 5 day riding trip somewhere in May. Looking more for AM or flowy gravity type places. Last year we were at Rotorua and then again later at Stromolo but we want somewhere different. We also like a long several hour (we aren't fast) adventure ride if...
  8. Moggio

Blue Mountains Council "Open Space Survey" - opportunity to promote MTB

Mountain Biking is a very new idea to Blue Mountains City Council and it receives virtually no funding despite the very large number of riders in the mountains. Here is an opportunity to show council that there are a large number of riders who require better resources for mountain biking...
  9. Moggio

Subscribe to be notified of Trail Advocacy events with BMORC for Knapsack trail days

We hear a lot of feedback from riders that they are unaware when we have build days at Knapsack Reserve at Glenbrook with BMCC. We have the option now to subscribe at the BMORC website to receive an email notification when a build day is announced. This is on the front page of the website...
  10. Moggio

Lowers for Revelation 08 with 15mm axle

I want to convert my 08 Revelation 426 U-turn 110mm - 140mm which have a 20 axle to lowers with a 15mm axle. So on the off chance that anyone has a compatible set of 15mm lowers sitting around or a set of compatible forks that are stuffed that the lowers could be swapped from... that would be...
  11. Moggio

Recommendations on horizontal dropout SS frame that is quite slack

Been asked to build a bike for a mate who is a technical descending type who rides SS. So looking for a hardtail either Al or Steel, but must be reasonably light, or as light as practical. Slackish geometry, 68 deg or so plus or minus. (Looking at a 130 to 140mm fork I would imagine as...
  12. Moggio

Cheap Stem 31.8 x 40mm or 50mm

Item: 40mm or 50mm x 31.8mm Stem Location: Leura NSW Item Condition: Working condition, but scratches and damaged paint doesn't matter. Reason for wanting: Experiments Price and price conditions: up to around $25 inc postage I am just experimenting with the stem length on...
  13. Moggio

WTB - STP frame - small size

Item: 26" Giant STP frame preferably in small size, Location: Blue Mountains or Sydney. (Will be prepared to pay postage if overall price is low enough.) Price range/Willing to Pay: Max of around $140 or so, depending on condition, whether it has headset, BB etc and postage costs if applicable...
  14. Moggio

Knapsack Reserve Glenbrook Trail Build Days - 10th February 2018

Build day at Knapsack Reserve Glenbrook working on some new trail up from the lower gate. Once again working with Adrian and Synergy Trails. Hopefully we can get quite a bit done. Times are 8am to midday. Meet at 8:00am at the southern end of Barnet St, (below the oval). Further details here...
  15. Moggio

Cancelled - Knapsack Reserve Glenbrook Build Day 18th March

First Build day for this year at Knapsack Reserve next Saturday March 21st at 8am. We will be working on the XC with Adrian from Synergy Trails and BMCC. Further details here on where to meet and to register to show numbers. http://bmorc.com/node/50395
  16. Moggio

Oakland Road Hazelbrook Dirt Jumps Earmarked For Closure

Just been speaking to Blue Mountains Council and the authorised dirt jump site at Oakland Road Hazelbrook has recently resulted in a serious number of complaints. This site has been very controversial with the local residents due to poor behaviour and rubbish at the jumps. However recently...
  17. Moggio

WTB Giant STP Frame

Well the details are... Item: A Giant STP frame.. size 13.5 Location: Blue Mountains NSW Item Condition: Not cracked or totaly messed up. Price and price conditions: up to around $150 but it really depends on condition and colour (its for my daughter) Extra Info: Be...
  18. Moggio

Final Council Approval for Downhill Trail at Knapsack Reserve, Glenbrook NSW

So after 2 years of BMORC working with council to get approval for the proposed DH track at Knapsack Reserve Blue Mountains council finally put it to the vote and it was passed 5 to 3. This has been a long haul because the area became classified after our proposal as an Endangered Ecological...
  19. Moggio

Difference between Juicy 3, 5 and 7 calipers

I got a likely stuffed Juicy 7 caliper, but I have a mint unused juicy 3 brake and an excellent condition Juicy 5. So I am wondering are these calipers identical and can be freely swapped with the different levers. That is, I know they are compatible and can be swapped, but will say a...
  20. Moggio

Riding around Currarong NSW

I will be down in Currarong this weekend and was just wondering is there somewhere around there where there is a decent XC trail for say a 3 hour pedal. Weather looks like it may wet so any suggestions for a decent fire trail ride in the vicinity. But if the weather turns out ok, any good...