Search results

1. 2

Sam Hill, Nathan Rennie and Bryn Atkinson @ Bicycle Express

SRAM Riders, Sam Hill, Nathan Rennie and Bryn Atkinson @ Bicycle Express, 124 Halifax St, Adeliade, Friday 31st of October @ 6:30PM SRAM riders Sam Hill, Nathan Rennie and Bryn Atkinson will be making an instore appearance at Bicycle Express this Friday evening, 31/10/2008. The boys will...
  2. 2

Roadie purchase under $2.5k

If I was you I'd spend a little under your budget on a Carbon Bike and spend the rest on a decent bike box. The Azzurri bikes are awesome; particularly the Primo mentioned here. Carbon is as strong as alloy but shows it's damage much more visibly. Alloys just hide it until one day snap.
  3. 2

Bib short recommendation

I can second the RS Sugoi bibs. Also the C'dale bib short is pretty good value for money.
  4. 2

The 29er thread.

Cheers for the information guys. Reading those articles now Macr. A 20" frame size is just a little big for me I'm afraid Smugy but I like the look of that frame. Any ideas where I could get one?
  5. 2

The 29er thread.

Just wondering what people here think to the argument that 29ers are no good for tight and twisty singletrack. I am very interested in one for the following reasons: roll over trail obstacles easier than a 26er, wheels keep momentum better than 26er and I love riding my rode bike (sacrilege...
  6. 2

2009 XC Bikes

This is also what I have been told. Demand for resources, better pay/conditions for factory workers in China/Taiwan plus the strong Aussie dollar will put most bike prices up.
  7. 2

Tom Boonen out of Tour...

Puts a new twist on the idea of a gram counting roadie! On a more serious note I don't think it's a problem for the UCI to get involved with. It wasn't during competition and it's not like it's a training aid. The organisers of the various Tours and other events could have a possible reason...
  8. 2

Help - Why are good enduro riders SSSOOO much faster?

I'm 6", 78 KG's, 22yrs old and would be interested to know how people go about loosing weight whilst training. This is the lightest I've been in years but I don't seem to be getting any lighter. I eat smart. Or at least I think I do. No junk food or anything like that and I'm not eating crappy...
  9. 2

How many drug incidents does it take ya bunch of poncey nonces??!!

I agree with what has been said about drugs being a normal part of human life. I'm just finishing reading a book which deals with this topic and a few others called "The Doors of Perception" by Aldous Huxley. Recommend it everyone. In fact I think it should be on the drug education syllabus in...
  10. 2

Cory Worthington (Dropkick Party Boy) Is Selected as a Big Brother House-Mate.

Yep he certainly showed her who was in charge. I've never watched BB in my life but will probably watch the episode he's in. If I had a choice between being friends with that pretentious ACA presenter and Cory I'd choose Cory any day. I mea seriously these kind of parents spoil their kids...
  11. 2

Best earbuds/canalphones for cycling

I'd get a pair but they only ship to the US. I would only be getting them for their cool rasta colours, I have no idea if they'd work well.
  12. 2

Whaling

You should read the "The Deep Range" by Arthur C Clarke. I reckon you'd enjoy it.
  13. 2

so bloody sad

That is absolutely terrible. I agree with you freeride-freak, if I saw someone doing that and I had the means to stop them they'd wish they'd never left home that morning. ***I agree with the warning too, seriously disturbing stuff and not for younger members***
  14. 2

Stuff you've broken when you've gotten angry.

Punched a hole in an interior door. Covered it up with a poster. Dad wasn't to amused when he came to repaint the room and had to hang a new door.
  15. 2

Dug this.

No joke that was awesome. The quality of the vid was probably the best I've seen on the internet. Good 'story' too.
  16. 2

Where can I get a Transition Double?

I think the one in Bicycle Express was a bit over $2000 if I remember correctly.
  17. 2

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Not really. Most of the Greens candidates I've spoken to past and present are keen for more of a custodian role for the environment. If a section of the natural environment is used by somebody for a specific purpose it creates a value to it for that user group therefore they have an interest in...
  18. 2

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

How exactly can a Government over spend on education? Sure if all of the budget was going into education then there would be a problem. It's not though is it. Education, amongst other things, helps to secure the future of Australia. Also, to those on this forum who think that climate change...
  19. 2

Lycra or baggies for XC riding?

You know you can get specific under shorts for wearing under baggies which are nowhere near as hot as lycra under baggies?
  20. 2

Best of Both Worlds

That was great, cheers for posting it. The bit at the beginning was a couple of messengers getting busted by the cops, right? Any idea what for? Always wondered what cops views on fixies would be.