Recent content by Silverstreak

1. Silverstreak

Little Things You Hate

I too am a fan. I have yet to see it. From what I have heard from others I will probably regret wasting the bandwidth I used downloading it.
  2. Silverstreak

Is there a tool to cut cable ties neatly?

This. Looks good and doesn't leave any sharp bits for you to unwittingly shred your fingers with.
  3. Silverstreak

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

I think he meant a flat tax rate of say 30% of your income. That way, the more you earn, the more you pay but it doesn't discourage you from bettering yourself and chasing cash. Also it works conversely, the less you earn the less you pay.
  4. Silverstreak

Riding by Yourself

I ride alone most of the time. Fortunately living in Wollongong and riding the escarpment I have phone coverage. As the wife and I both have iPhones we have the 'Find My IPhone' app and that allows her to see where I am in case she gets worried and I can't hear the phone ring. I'm also less...
  5. Silverstreak

What happened to good advice and service?

When I bought my dually about a year ago I shopped around the many bike shops we have in wollongong (and down to Nowra when work took me down there) and 3 of them were good, 7 were varying degrees of mediocre to crap. 1 of the 3 was a Bike Hub. Great service but they didn't have any bikes for...
  6. Silverstreak

Post your all mountain bike

I've only had it for a few days but so far so good. It takes a bit of getting used to but I'm almost on top of it now. The only issue I have is e lever is a bit short for my liking. I like it though. Coupled with the fact that it was half the price of the LEV made it a winner for me.
  7. Silverstreak

Adjustable Seat Posts

Big thanks to Nerf Herder for hooking me up with one of these: He was very patient with my questions. Not to mention I only ordered yesterday and had it in my hands this arvo! It's the perfect length too. Post is in to maximum insertion and is perfect height. I'll give it a few work outs...
  8. Silverstreak

Post your all mountain bike

My 2012 Trek Remedy 8. I love this bike. Its ability far exceeds my own and it does everything from some light downhilling to riding the 13kms to work 1 or 2 days a week.
  9. Silverstreak

2013 - A year in photos (including Crankworx)

Great shots there dude!
  10. Silverstreak

Whats the best Christmas present you've ever gotten?

Got my first BMX when I was about 6. My older brother got a skateboard and he and his friends were up the end of the street with a little ollie ramp and me being the bigshot on a new bike had a crack at the ramp. Well the handlebars came clean off the bike in my hands as I lifted the bike. I...
  11. Silverstreak

Are you a Psychopath?

33%. I like kittens :thumb:
  12. Silverstreak

The Other Side of Whistler

Gotta get there.
  13. Silverstreak

AM Alone with SantaCruz 5010

Looks awesome dude. Almost too nice to ride !
  14. Silverstreak

Confessions from the fuckwits

The funny part is the servo was only a few kms up the road. So they filled it up, made it about 1 km up the road before it what itself, then spent the next 20-25 minutes trying to gather up the courage to call. :pound:
  15. Silverstreak

Confessions from the fuckwits

Laughed at this because Ive been there. Mates and I were away for a waterski/fishing/drinking weekend: Mate 1: I'm going into town for some food. Mate 2: I'll come too. Mate 3: take my Pajero. It's empty. Could you fill it up? Mate 1: no probs. Half hour later the phone rings and mate 3...