Search results

1. J

2017 Nukeproof mega rear shock upgrade... spend my money

Hey Folks. Been a while since I posted but it's time to get off facebook and back to actual forums. So brains trust. I want to upgrade the suspension on my 2017 Nukeproof mega 27.5 Alloy. Currently running Monarch plus RT3 . 216 x 63 ML tune. Up front is a 160mm lyrik... first year done so...
  2. J

SRAM XO trail brakes dragging.

OK, so I gave the bike a bit of love over summer and one of the things I did was replace the pads, they were getting low, so why not. I also bled the brakes and replaced the rotor. I always seem to remember the bike making an annoying howl if you just slightly oscillated the wheel forward...
  3. J

XX1 strange issue.... upshifts on back pedal

Hey Guys Just doing some maintenance on the bike whilst I am laid up. I replaced the shift cable, BB and re-greased the jockey wheels. I have an odd problem, In the largest cog right through to second from bottom everything is normal, up shifts/ downshifts runs smoothly and when you...
  4. J

Ankle support. Does anybody use it and what?

Well after dislocating my left ankle on Monday I now find myself sitting on the couch for a few weeks contemplating my next move. I had a look at a few ankle supports on line and they vary from a piece of elastic right through to armadillo style body armour. Is there anyone regularly using...
  5. J

A question about grease

Ok, so I put this here instead of parts and stuff as this is specifically about grease in relation to road hubs. What grease do people know of to best service roadie hubs and free hub bodies. I prefer my trustee waterproof bearing grease for bb and head stems. But it is far too thick and...
  6. J

I need a Specialized dealer.

Hey guys , I need contacts or recommendations for a Specialized dealer for OEM parts. I need to order all the OEM bearings and a few other things for my 2014 Enduro 29'r . Looking to strip, service and overhaul the bike for 2015 season. I am happy to deal local, that would actually be my...
  7. J

Let's make a toolbox!

Ok if this has been done then feel free to delete this thread. What I would like to do is to create a thread where people can go to reference a tool kit/box where they can see what others have in there selection of tools. There are many tasks to working on a modern bicycle that require unique...
  8. J

Paleo and every other ridiculous fad!

I posted this here as the person who engaged this rant is by no means into mountain biking. The diversity of people here would have everyone from hardcore athletes to casual beernpedal guys. What the FUCK is with these fad diets and freaking Paleo. Now bear in mind I have done about 3 seconds...
  9. J

Does anyone use Royal clothing?

Was looking for some fresh gear and the usual culprits have some pretty lacklustre gear for my tastes. Aside from the lack of colour way choices... I really like the look of the current Royal gear. Just seeing if anyone wears it and if it's worth a go. http://royalracing.com/gear-sets/
  10. J

Who Here Bats for both teams?

So we all here identify ourselves as Moutainbikers, in whatever discipline we choose to do. Some of us even own road bikes or flat bar roadies or even put slicks on our dirt machines. Quite often I here quotes like "bloody Roadies" and such on the trails or even read them here. But who...
  11. J

deraillier hanger alignment tool???

Hey guys Just about to order an alignment tool for the rear mech hanger. What do people own and where did you get it. Cheers.
  12. J

Does intense have a World Cup team?

I just have a thought today and some quick searching didn't really yield anything. When was the last time Intense ran a WC team? I don't really see them diving into the Enduro Format.... Or am I just not looking hard enough?
  13. J

Is 2.5 too wide for gravity Enduro

So I guess this is self explanatory, but I raced my first Enduro on the weekend and really am gutted. I feel I rode shit, my prep was shit and as such I am reviewing everything about my setup. I am running a 2.5 minion on the front of a 29'r and a 2.35 Nobby Nick on the back. Given how...
  14. J

Winter is back. What rain coats are people wearing

Hey guys Whilst I would normally say "just ride ion the rain ya pussy". I am conscious that I do want to stay illness free this riding season. Looking for a lightweight compact rain coat with some form of ventilation so I can keep riding between showers without too much discomfort. maybe...
  15. J

Sold

Sold........
  16. J

Could a 29'r be 27.5'd? Just a thought.

So before anyone has to ask, why? The answer is... Just because I want to! I was wondering if anyone has done it or could it be done. I was thinking it would really create two very different bikes. I was thinking... Maybe just a 27.5 wheel set and bolt it in. But it's never that...
  17. J

Help me find an angleset headset

Ok, for no other reason than just "because I can". I want to put an angleset headset into my Enduro. Here is the spec sheet: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/enduro/sworks-enduro-29#specs I went here to see what headset I needed: http://www.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder But...
  18. J

Why don't aggressive tyres have transition knobs?

Just been weighing up options for a summer tyre for Perths Pea gravel when I started to see a distinct trend... There doesn't seem to be a lot of tyres with transition knobs. Minion Butcher Neuron It got me thinking, am I missing something. Why is there no transition tread...
  19. J

What chain device if no ISCG mounts?

What chain device can I use if my frame does not have facility for ISCG Mounts? I am running 1x11 and dropped a chain on a ride last week. But with a press fit BB and no ISCG tabs I am in unfamiliar territory. Any suggestions?
  20. J

Stupidest name for a product?

Pondering a "for sale" thread on another forum, I noticed a set of Fox Vanilla 150mm forks. It dawned on me. What a stupid name for a suspension component. What think tank at fox many many a year ago sat around and thought: " yep, our new suspension should conjour thoughts of a bean that...