Search results

1. dunk

Incremental "max" testing

Hi, Does anyone know of a place to have incremental testing done in Perth. I had these done regularly before moving here and would like to continue. Something like this:
  2. dunk

Heat moldable footbeds

Anybody know of any heat moldable footbeds available in Australia - done a quick internet search and can only find the "Sole" brand - but the local distributor has gone belly up by the looks of it. I'd like to ditch the innersoles in my Sidi's and get some new more comfy molded ones, as the...
  3. dunk

Powertap prices

So I'm sitting here at work contemplating a change. There's an event in October I'm quite keen on devoting a bit of time to seriously training for, even to the point of quiting work for a couple of monts before hand. Anyway, back to the point - if I'm going to be that serious I may as well...
  4. dunk

Bikeforce Midweek Social Series

Anyone racing/riding the Bikeforce Midweek Social Series starting this arvo? info here Will be my first MTB outing in WA - woohoo:D
  5. dunk

Ritchey Outback 1989

Found a pic of my first real mountain bike that I bought while living in Canada. Ritchey Outback - can remember the exact specs, but mostly Shimano XT (11?). The bike still exists in a ex girlfriends brothers garage - would make a nice SS/Fixed....
  6. dunk

Looking for a timer or watch

Hi, I'm trying to find a watch/timer that has the ability to beep either every 10 seconds, or even better, beep after 20 seconds, then after 10 seconds, then back to 20 seconds, etc etc etc. Preferably something cheap. Though just having a quick think while writing this - would it be...
  7. dunk

Tabata Intervals

I first heard of these intervals 8-10 years ago from a Speedskating friend of mine, at the time I wasn't too interested, but now they seem to be getting popular. As I'm always looking for the easy way out, I was wondering if anyone was doing/done them, and your opinion?
  8. dunk

Simpsonize Me

This is kind of stupid, but kind of fun at the same time http://www.simpsonizeme.com/
  9. dunk

Work in Shipping Industry

Evening Guys and Gals, I've just moved to Fremantle from Sydney, and I'm now looking for a new job. Has anybody any experience in working in the Shipping Industry in Australia. More specifically in the sales/customer service side of international Marine Shipping. I've applied for a couple of...
  10. dunk

Riders Choice 6 Hour

Sunday sees the running of the Riders Choice 6 Hour at Jarrahdale, this will be my first MTB ride since moving to Perth. Are any other Farkiners riding the event, or have nay Farkiners ridden the Jarrahdale trails, I need to choose which bike to put together and which tyres to choose. Any...
  11. dunk

Canberra Trail Conditions

Hi all, Due to all the rain here in Sydney, I think I need a road trip to do some riding. So question is how are the trails at Sparrows and Stromlo at the moment? I'm thinking of heading down after the racing on Friday night, or early Saturday morning and spending the weekend doing...
  12. dunk

Over-Competitive Lance Armstrong Challenges Cancer To Rematch

I love the Onion http://www.theonion.com/content/node/55032
  13. dunk

How far will it raise? Stem with different angle.

Attention people who can do math, I am not one of them, besides who knew it would ever come in handy?:o I'm playing around with my position at the moment on my roadie. I was thinking I may raise my bars slightly and go to a shallow traditional bend bar, I still don't know if I anatomic bars...
  14. dunk

Scott 24 roll call

Well with 10 days to go it's time to find out who is going, what your riding etc. I'm riding solo singlespeed. I've had to massacre my nice clean singlespeed set up so that I can run a gear that I think I can ride all day and night. My bike looks like Fankensteins bride now, gone is the...
  15. dunk

Ground Effect Tardis

I'm looking for some sort of case to transport my bike (either road,track or mountain depending on event). I've used cases and boxes in the past, but does anyone have any experience with the Ground Effect Tardis? http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product_detail.php?style=TAR&category=BAG
  16. dunk

Which On-One to choose

A little background to this post, I currently have a GT Zaskar X that I use as my singlespeed now using a White Industries Eno Eccentric hub instead of a tensioner. Yesterday someone (not me) dropped a lump hammer on my frame and I now have a decent dent in the top tube. I'm not sure if it will...
  17. dunk

Locksmith help

I figured someone on here is a chippy or a locksmith, or at least has a dubious past. I've come home tonight to a well munted deadlock on my rear door (the mother in law has been here and swears she didn't touch it - yeah right:mad: ) so I need to remove the lock from the door to replace it, but...
  18. dunk

My Fixie Colnago Mexico

Here's a pic of my fixie that I've been riding a lot lately. Bought the frame in 1985, most of the parts are original except the high flange track hubs, they're off an old track bike I had. Colnago Mexico Frame and fork Campag Super record cranks 47T track ring Campag super record seatpost...
  19. dunk

10mm x 26TPI Bolt up axle

Hi Guys, Converting an old road frame to fixie, and have decided to use some old high flange Campy track hubs i've got lying around. But I need a longer axle, anyone know if a 10mm X 26tpi axle is available in a 160-165mm length. The only ones I can find are 155 or 174mm. Cheers Dunk
  20. dunk

Dirt Works 100km Classic

Just got an email with a link to the course profile for this year http://www.maxadventure.com.au/dirtworksclassic/course.htm Looks a bit better than last year, with one less big hill.