Search results

1. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

installing cycle computer help?

make sure the magnet is running past the top end of the sensor within five millimetres usually the end oppisite from the sensor mount
  2. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

new downhill track just started building.

great work fellas i ll be down that way over next week or so if ya need a hand just let us know,could even help you run it in :D
  3. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

stanley mtb park???

Hope it all goes good , mt stanely is ideal for a dh park :cool:
  4. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

New to DH. Bikes?

dh1s are a good price and ride as good as most without the high end price tag ,you need atleast 8 or more inches of decent suspension front and rear to get the most out of downhilling or you ll out grow the bikes ability fast only downside is if your 95kg plus the forks wont last. upgrade them...
  5. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Launch Helmetcams VIO POV1

hey, i use the older style sony helmet cam with a sony digital 8 camera and ive been browsing newer ones which are alot easier to use and weigh nothing compared to my old set up but nothing comes close to the digital 8 resolution. The camcorder cost $750 6 years ago and helmet kit was $600 3...
  6. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Victorain Road Trip

done the vic trip twice in last four years aweek each time. Straight to threbo then mt beauty (big hill track) then to brights track (illegal one) then mt stanely (2wd does shuttles easily ).Then off to mt buller all these tracks are long and fast except buller which is good for some less...
  7. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Mount Stanley dissapointing

thanks for that correction gravity malsem fire rd was going off memory, has the track been rebuilt , last time i was there the bushfire knocked it about abit especially the jumps made over fallen trees and is there any shuttle dates for febuary heading that way then via thredbo and mt beauty
  8. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Mount Stanley dissapointing

sounds like you took a right turn on the fire road (mawson fire rd )and picked up the last bit of single track dont turn off until your looking up a big hill which is after flat section of fire rd the single track is on the right just as your in the bottom of the gully hard to see first time...
  9. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Stromlo DH track

have they got b lines around these gates or do you have to get off and jump over these gates making it a complete f around
  10. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Glory DH 1 rear suspension bottom out

i have the same bike but a large i dont have the seat problem but GIANT have the same spring poundage on all the the three sizes intelligence not so there saying no matter how tall you are you still weigh under 75 kg and im sure they advertised these bikes as a ready to race machine im not sure...
  11. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

which bike? help!

trance has a lower shock position so i believe it would be a smoother ride but enduro riding ,lockouts and pro pedal are a must have
  12. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Which Camelbak?

theres alot of brands out there that are half the price of others that do the job perfect look around you might get 2 different sized hydration systems for the price of 1 well known brand
  13. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Best Cross Country Tyre Combo?

crossmark f n r cheap,grippy and durable.I ran larsens found that they didnt turn on front and didnt last on the rear with little braking grip , but there was no rolling resistance at all so on a smooth polished track with minimal downhill sections crossmark front larsen rear looser tracks...
  14. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

How old are you?

42 been riding well b4 suspension was avalible and the old cantilever brakes were the go , kinda miss the old situations the old beasts would tho at you but its 8 inches of armchair downhill pleasure now,so yeah 60 might be a age i look at hanging up the dher. STAY FIT AND WATCH THE REST CRUMBLE
  15. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Condition of Helensburgh at the Mo?

hey, only done recently from train station , head nth crosses train line via bridge then fire road leading to to the expressway mainly uphill with some nice overgrown fire rd dh sections(for a cc bike) . Once at the expressway we usely head under it then along the red roads (fire rd ) all the...
  16. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

DH shoes. Five Ten vs Rivers shoes

rivers are the go ,on a buget who needs the bling mine lasted more than 2 years and ive updated got two new pairs cc rivers and dh rivers only thing is there made overseas now, orignals were made local but new ones seem durable and well worth your $35.00
  17. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Thredbo - all you need to know

5 or more is good, for accomadation look at 3 to 4 bedroom chalets at thredbo accomadation around 250 to 300 a night between 5 isnt much, plus your in a place that you can spread out not cramped in a twin share block of units i know i go anually for alot of years now ;)
  18. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

I dont like wearing a helmet!

I think if anyone sees someone on a dh track or a jump/street without a proper helmet tell them to wear a helmet or get the f off the track. We dont need split skulls advertising that the sport is dangerous because a legend needed a ego boost;)
  19. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Victorian Road Trip DH Advice?

Does it help if my mum was a mexican i mean victorian. Notice the caps at the start of a sentence.
  20. DIRT ROCKS N TREES

Wollongong People- Heads up

the half way track that runs along from the white gate at the back of wonona to tarrawanna mine is all colliery owned but i been doing it for more than 35 years and never had a prob was chased on motos in the early days but mountain bikes horses walkers are all legal on fire roads only all...